Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Weather widget after Android 10 update One UI 2.0 lost ability to swipe up and down to change locations

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 01:27 AM)
Sten7981
Explorer
Options

Before the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 update I could easily see 2 locations on my weather widget just by swiping the widget up or down. And it will switch between the 2 locations or more the way I set it.

Now after I got the update, I can't do that anymore..... I have to open the weather app, and change the location manually. Even inside the app itself I can no longer swipe left or right to switch between locations.....

Why changed it? it was very convenient just to swipe up or down to switch locations...... 

Now I have 2 weather widgets on my home screen which taking space......

Bring the older feature back.......

103 REPLIES 103
Tonival
Student
Options

I have the same problem on my s10+, on my tablet tab s6 with android 9 works well.

I hope samsung fix this as soon as possible. I also don't want to fill the screen with widgets for each location.

Cal5890
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me on my GS10. Love the new UI version 2 but that was a convenient feature that's now missing and needs to be added back for sure! Don't fix what ain't broken!

Megadolphin
First Poster
Options

I have this problem too.

Venom7000
Voyager
Options

The "widget" for weather provided by Samsung is sh*$t. Its a glorified link to the weather web page. What ever you chose to click just sends you to the webpage.

Apple's weather app is much better. 

Triplxranger
First Poster
Options
I would also like to get this old feature back as soon as possible...
Hi2u_uk
Apprentice
Options

I agree the weather widget is poor in my Last phone which wasn't a Samsung it would automatically change locations depending on where you are. The Samsung one doesn't do this which is a bad backwards step 

Jonefraser
First Poster
Options

I noticed that feature missing and definitely miss it. I travel every week and used the multi city swipe feature extensively. Why would they mess with a good thing? 

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
It's not even an app. Half of the features and or additional informations wont be shown. If you want to see more regarding the weather it just boots you to the weather channel webpage.
Pathetic.
FummieBobo
Student
Options

I have the same issue and its very annoying especially as I travel often and would need to check the weather in all locations I go.

Fummiebobo