Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10+ Slow and Stuttering after One UI 2.0

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 07:59 PM)
jamieholt
Apprentice
Options

As the title says. Ever since I downloaded the update, my phone has been stuttering, lagging, freezing and just all round sluggish. It was almost seamless prior. I've noticed the RAM consumption is higher now too, and I can't really recover any when optimising. Anyone else experiencing this?

Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
xmanchai
Apprentice
Options

I found a maybe a temporary solution for this issue. It works so far for me which resolve the lag / shutter / slow respond of the new ONE UI 2.0 problems. After upgraded to ONE UI 2.0 on my S9, I have big lag on camera, whatsapp, keyboard, watching videos... basically everything is like slow and seem low memory.

You can try and see if it helps on your case.

1) Goto Settings -> Development options -> "Turn ON" Disable HW overlays.

2) Goto Settings -> Display -> Screen resolution -> Change from WQHD+ 2960 x 1440 to FHD+ 2220 x 1080 or lower

If the above doesn't resolve your issues, other posts that suggest the followings. I didn't do that myself coz I didn't wanna setup everything again.

3) Hard reset of your phone by pressing and hold the volume key and power keys a few seconds

4) Reset the settings of you phone by Goto Settings -> General management -> Reset -> Reset Settings

5) Reset to factory settings, which will basically erase everything. Make sure you wanna try it before doing it. Goto Settings -> General management -> Reset -> Factory data reset.

*Hope that would help*

0 Likes
swapnilaswale
Apprentice
Options
Hey Thanks for all the information. This would certainly help.
However, the reason I am so disappointed is because updates are supposed to make our phones better, smoother and reliable, however with every samsung phone this is never the case.
I have another one plus phone and you won't believe this but that phone has way better performance and battery than my s9 whereas both are from the same league.
Probably this would be my last Samsung phone.
Noonewantsbixby
Student
Options

I am going to try everything in this email to save my phone. But it might be the last Samsung related thing I do. I have had a Galaxy S, S3, S5, S7 and now S9 and I always said my next phone would be the S11 (this became the S20 when I first heard about that). But I refuse to believe it's a coincidence my phone started working horribly the moment the S20 was announced and it has gotten gradually worse since then.

If the stuff in this mail doesn't work, I'm getting a Oneplus. Which I really don't want to.

swapnilaswale
Apprentice
Options

Woooooo... Now I got the point. Why my fckin samsung phone gets slower and slower with every new announcement.

The last update which I had installed made my phone so stupid that I have to keep restarting it twice a day.

Did I pay @Anonymous User for this *****.

Guys c'mon you can't loose your loyal customers like this.

Your every single phone is becoming ***** and people have started understanding your game which is going to impact your market.

Don't be that smart otherwise one day you will become Nokia.

FunkyWatts
First Poster
Options

I AM SOOOOO AGREEING 😳🙏.   My S10+ has almost every notification OFF, I deleted A LOT of the preinstalled apps, I only using it for web browsing and messages. Exemple if I'm casting youtube, impossible to run it without a disconnect and/or lag and/or  DAAAAAAAMN am I swearing and unsatisfied🤬.   Noticed that the RAM is running higher too even if cleaning almost 10X / day... what can I do to solve... I'm missing more and more my old OnePlus 3T 

0 Likes