Support

Open search

S10+ microphone problem

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi everyone,
the S10+ is one hell of a phone. Fast, reliable, simple great.

However, in the past month or so, i had telephone issues. People couldn't hear me clear, they said i sound like im passing trough a tunnel.

After it got updated to android 10, the problem disappeared for a brief period of time. After couple of days, I saw that bixby got updated, and voila, problem appears again. Does anyone has the same issue? May be or may be not bixby, even tho it seems like it. If i force close it, and uninstall updates it works again, but only for a short time. I need solution, even tho the phone is great, I cannot use it as a PHONE, rather than as a computer.

It's very annoying and any help is greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Hey @Pajo1988! From the phone dialler, enter *#0283# > Select RCV Packet Loopback ON > Say a few words as if you were on a call > Can you hear your own voice correctly? Also, does this happen with all your contacts or only a few ones and everywhere?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

I just tried that, and i can hear my voice but not as good as I should. After couople of seconds its losing the voise strength, and if i dont yell, i cant hear it. 

Also it happens with everyone. Sometimes its better, sometimes its worse. 

Highlighted
Thanks for confirming that, @Pajo1988. If possible, are you able to try another SIM in your phone, a friend or family members, as this is a good indicator as to whether the issue is stemming from the phone or your current SIM/network. In the meantime, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Do you notice an improvement following this step?
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi Andrew,

The problem lasts for couple of months, so yeah, i've restarted my phone numerous times. I've even tried it in safe mode to see if it's external app issue, no luck.

I'll try with SIM change with my wifes, a bit later. I personally doubt it's network issue since I work in the operator company and it's arguably one of the best around here (t-mobile MK). But i'll try and let you know.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi all,

No luck. I tried using my wifes SIM card, and same problem occured. I even tried doing master reset, same. I just lost 2 hours then getting my other data back.

Any other idea? It isn't the operator or the SIM card issue... 

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello, I have exactly the same issue on my S10. I can notice the issue in the *# test mode. It is good at the beginning, but if I keep a voice on the same level about 20 seconds, the audio starts dropping. It looks like some problem with self-leveling of the microphone.  I have tried test mode, safe mode, and another sim card. Still the same issue.  

Highlighted
Apprentice
Any luck solving it? It is really annoying, i think i'll buy cheap phone just so speak and use this one as a tablet, which sucks.
Highlighted

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I had an S10 with no issues, after it broke I replaced it with an S10+, and now nobody can hear me clearly with the speakerphone on or off.

Highlighted
First Poster

I have no luck and no feedback from Samsung. I'll planning return the device in warranty since I will have some replacement device. 

Top Liked Authors