Support

Open search

S10 Lite updates

Highlighted
First Poster

HI

I have recently purchased an S10 lite but I have not received any software  updates, the last one being Feb 2020. Is this to be expected for this phone? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Explorer

Hello,

the S10 lite is set for montly security updates. I don't know why Samsung missed the March one.

Currently Samsung is rolling out a new update with a few new Camera and other functions including the Aprils security patch (at least in Europe).

Greetings

Highlighted
First Poster

@GaunterODim wrote:

Hello,

the S10 lite is set for montly security updates. I don't know why Samsung missed the March one.

Currently Samsung is rolling out a new update with a few new Camera and other functions including the Aprils security patch (at least in Europe).

Greetings

Thank you I look forward to the updates as I am concerned about the security not being up to date

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello again,

did you recieve the Update yet? Because I didn't :(

By the way could you please try something for me? In the last Update from February Samsung wrote that it is now possible to use the Super Steady Mode in UHD capturing but it doesn't work for me. Samsung is telling me thats a mistake and shouldn't stand in the update log but from some blogs I can find that seemingly some people are able to do that.

Thanks in advance

Gaunter

First Poster

Hi

Same as me still no security update, very disappointing.  I tried as you asked but mine did not work either.

Rich

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi.

Tanks for trying it. I got the Update today via Smart Switch if you don't want to wait for the OTA share.

Greetings

Gaunter

Highlighted
First Poster

Thank you 

Highlighted
First Poster

Can anyone who has recently received and applied April updates tell that camera/image quality has degraded? I find the pictures pixelated/ blurry and off colour and especially when you use zoom. And what should be the average picture size as I find most of mine with normal 3:4 mode between 2-3 Mb only and could be a reason the details are not being captured. 

I have tried a reset of camera settings, on/off scene optimizer and HDR enable/disable but no joy as such. Tried a google camera 7.3 version and found the colours a little close to natural but still not as crisp as my 3 year old oneplus 3t takes. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello @jaider4u ,

I aggree with you. Checking some older pictures in comparison to newer ones you can see that newer ones are way more noisy and not as sharp as before the update. In 3:4 my normal picture size varies depending on color and light intensity (1,4MB - 9,8MB).

Maybe we should give Samsung feedback so they can check the issue out.

Greetings

Gaunter

Highlighted
First Poster
Thanks, will get in touch
Top Liked Authors