Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Front Camera Will Not Focus

(Topic created on: 27-09-2019 07:31 PM)
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options

My front camera on my s10 will not focus.

I did not use it for first month or so but then when i came to use it it will not focus.

I have installed every update including the latest camera one but all it does is make a noise as if it is trying to focus but can't :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
T_Goodhew
First Poster
Options

I've had my phone in a case since new and the focusing issue has only recently started occurring but, the 'fix' works for me at the moment.

@Gonfishin, is the fix still working +9 months on from when you posted? 

Gonfishin
Journeyman
Options
my phonetics its life in a athletic tupe case and the phone its self clips into the plastic inner body. I discovered that to achieve sharp focus was / is to free off the camera lens corner from the plastic inner case.
This may be a result of the wrap around screen
0 Likes
SantiP
First Poster
Options

I had the problem in the regular back camera (not tele nor wide), and tapping the phone on a hard surface did it for me, took a bit of trying not fixed on the first try, but it clearly seemed like the adjuster was stuck since it focused perfectly at a fixed distance but would never adjust. If this is your experience give JW17's suggestion a try, it worked like a charm for me and saved me a lot of hassle since we're currently in lockdown due to coronavirus so my options were limited

0 Likes
H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
turns out my new case has caused the issue. Removed the case, selfie cam working perfectly again.
Gonfishin
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that H4RFY. I tried that and now I'm a happy bunny
Gonfishin
Journeyman
Options
its never been a problem since I discovered this solution. HOWEVER focus is now sharp whether in or out of the case. I'm wondering whether it is/was a Samsung problem cured by one of their updates
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
wtf 🤬🤬🤬
I have just removed my phone from its protective case and now the front camera works fine, but as soon as i put it back in the case it will not focus 🤬🤬
Had this phone from day of release and only now found out the answer, thank you @Gonfishin for this answer that works 👍
pity samsung did not know this months ago
0 Likes
Squalan
First Poster
Options

I had tried every possible fix. JWs final advice to give it a knock on each side is what fixed it for me. Unbelievable!! Saved me a fortune.:) Big thanks. 

0 Likes