Support

Open search

S10+ equaliser not working as expected

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi.

I have been trying to use the equaliser on my S10+ but it doesn't work as expected. Below the middle point line there is no difference but when I increase the slider above the mid point line the sound goes muddy and weird, every slider makes the music sound the same, there is no variation in each slider like there should be.

I'm also concerned as to why Samsung/Android got rid of the bass/treble knobs, they worked well and were far more intuitive for someone like me vs the sliders.

Had anyone else noticed the first issue? Can you check to see if you have it? I'm in the Uk so am using a phone with an Exynos chip if that makes any difference.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Helping Hand

It's not as good as I remember years ago. Have you tried SoundAssistant on the Play Store? It's from Samsung and I believe a few people prefer it.

Highlighted

@KillYourIdols wrote:

It's not as good as I remember years ago. Have you tried SoundAssistant on the Play Store? It's from Samsung and I believe a few people prefer it.

No  I hadn't even heard of it. Thank you for the recommendation, I will look into it.

Highlighted

Have a look and let me know what you think :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Highlighted

Morning.

I cant see an equaliser in the Sound assistant app, other than that it seems ok.

Highlighted

Oh. That seems a bit Odd, It's in the Play Store write up and in the Play store images  :thinking-face:

Highlighted

All I've found is a left/right balance adjuster.Screenshot_20190404-113316_Sound Assistant.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-113322_Sound Assistant.jpg

Highlighted

I had a very quick look, but saw no more then that. Stand back, I'm going in again!

Highlighted

@Martyn1981  FOUND IT! You need to click "Floating Button" then start music playback. The button will pop up and from there, In the top Right corner is the EQ. See if that is any better for you. It may just be the Same EQ as on the stock device.

Highlighted

@KillYourIdols wrote:

@Martyn1981  FOUND IT! You need to click "Floating Button" then start music playback. The button will pop up and from there, In the top Right corner is the EQ. See if that is any better for you. It may just be the Same EQ as on the stock device.

You're a star, thank you.

Top Liked Authors