Support

Open search

S10+ Camera voice control broken

Highlighted
First Poster

Anyone else have the same problem im having with voice control in general, I open camera, voice control works to take pics by saying the keywords, but if i switch to video and it like disables itself. No camera voice commands work on the normal camera or video and even if i go to the home screen and try using hey google it doesnt respond. Its like video disables voice commands, to fix it I have to manually click on the voice part of hey google and that enables voice control again where i am able to take pictures from the camera app using voice control until i go onto the video mode again. Anyone know a fix ? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hey @Sheenieboy.

This is as intended, to avoid interruption when recording videos. Unfortunately, there is no way around this. 

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Highlighted

If that's the case why doesn't it reactivate when you close the camera app or go off video, there's meant to be an option to say start recording and it would record but that obviously doesn't work 

Highlighted

Oh! The voice control stays turned off? My bad. 

Does this also happen in Safe Mode?

Highlighted

Yes it stays turned off and I have you manually make it work again 

Edit: it seems fine in safe mode so what could be causing this ?

Highlighted

If this is fine whilst in Safe Mode, then this would lead us to believe that a third party app is causing this. To check which app this could be, follow these steps:

In order to cause this issue, the culprit will be active on your device. After the problem occurs, you can go into the Play Store to see which apps have been recently active. This should help you narrow it down, especially if it shows an app that you know you haven't used recently.

You can see which apps have been recently active, and uninstall them by opening the Play Store, then going to Menu (three lines) > My apps & games > Installed > Last used.

After you have narrowed this down, you just need to delete the offending app.

Highlighted

I tried doing what you said and nothing unexpected shows up, I've tried restarting my phone and not opening any apps other than camera but it still happens. I've tried taking camera permissions off apps and it doesn't fix it either.

Top Liked Authors