Support

Open search

S10+ Camera - Are hot pixels unavoidable?

Highlighted
Observer

Greetings. 

I've recently purchased a Samsung S10+. I couldn't help but notice a few bright, white pixels when using the camera under poor lighting with high ISO. They appear in photos and videos, viewed on the PC. Bothersome more on a theoretical level as they're not easy to spot unless looking for them specifically. 

They don't manifest in better lighting or with lower ISO. 

Is this something worth hassling over or is it to be expected with current smartphone camera tech? 

Cheers.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Navigator
Poor lighting and high ISO cause a lot of imperfections. Its not a phone thing, it applies to DSLRs and analogue SLRs
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
just an awful camera, the s10 under low light especially in videos is horrendous
Highlighted

@Jasonseery wrote:
just an awful camera, the s10 under low light especially in videos is horrendous

@Jasonseery what you are saying is out of context, without proof and easily demonstrable to be fundamentally wrong.

@Pugs1957 may you send a picture in which the spots appear? So we can see wheter it is noise or it is a camera defect?

Have a nice day

Archer
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@Archer_Legend not at all ill upload a photo even slightly zoomed in now and it's awful if you do a quick search of bad samsung s10 camera you will quickly find it was sales techniques to sell a truly awful camera, I've had the s6 s7 s8 s9 and s10 and this is by far the worst, I can't even take a video and zoom in without it going into a horrible mess, so the proof is out there by 100s of people, this is an inside shot I took and its so grainy and not clear ive been told their is nothing wrong with the camera but yet my partners s6 takes 10 times clearer photos
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@Archer_Legend now here is my video zoomed half in its horrendous as soon as I zoom its a mess look at the trees it looks like it's from a ten year old phone! for a phone that was a 1000 euro its awful
Highlighted

@Archer  My camera is fine. I've been a keen amateur photographer for almost 40 years. What irks me is people complain about cameras when they haven't a clue. People have unreasonable expectations and expect cameras to defy the law of physics. They should really learn about photography and would then realise it's operator error. I used to develop and print photos, had a number of SLRs with highe speed and mirror lenses. In those days the fastest films were B&W only and grainy as hell. Although technology is now way better, it hasn't changed the laws of physics.

Highlighted

@Jasonseery wrote:
@Archer_Legend not at all ill upload a photo even slightly zoomed in now and it's awful if you do a quick search of bad samsung s10 camera you will quickly find it was sales techniques to sell a truly awful camera, I've had the s6 s7 s8 s9 and s10 and this is by far the worst, I can't even take a video and zoom in without it going into a horrible mess, so the proof is out there by 100s of people, this is an inside shot I took and its so grainy and not clear ive been told their is nothing wrong with the camera but yet my partners s6 takes 10 times clearer photos

quite strange mine has not that beahviour were you on not low, but somehow low condtions? How much did you zoomed in?

Archer
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@pugs1975 can you explain what I'm doing wrong with my camera to make my pictures look that bad my s6, s7, s8 and s9 Took great photos ive changed nothing how I take one on my s10 and they are awful as you can see, I hold my phone and press the take photo button like millions of other people do and its not working on the s10?
Highlighted

That file size is less than 1MB. As jpegs are already compressed such a small size will result in poor results. Also it was taken in low light but the details in the file don't show the ISO and shutter speed, I can't offer anything constructive on that

Top Liked Authors