Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice
I live in Germany, maybe UK gets the update soon, maybe it's by continent.
Highlighted
Navigator

I'm still on ASBA (UK) 

Highlighted
Navigator

Cool cool  thought I was missing a trick as a number of people from the UK on the XDA forum have received the update!

Highlighted
Navigator
Yeah I'll definitely post when I get it.

I sear if this doesn't work its going back
Highlighted
First Poster

Also in the UK and I got the ASC8 update yesterday. Didn't clear the cache until just now, but I've now noticed that the phone feels snappy, the fingerprint sensor is MUCH faster (light touch and opens very quickly), and reverse wireless charging is much better and more intuitive. Before clearing the cache the battery life was pretty much the same, but now that I've cleared it, I will check back in a few days to say if it has helped at all. Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Navigator
Thank you for the update!

How do you clear the cache on s10+? I'm coming for an iPhone
Highlighted
First Poster

No worries!

Power the phone off, and then once it's off, hold down the power + volume up + bixby button until the android man logo comes up. 

Then it'll come up with this retro looking screen, and you use the volume up and down buttons to navigate to "clear partition cache". Once you're on it, click the power button to select it. Then just reboot the phone, and it should restart as normal. Give it a minute or so upon restart and hopefully you'll start seeing changes! I noticed the faster fingerprint scanner immediately! Very happy, cause mine was pretty slow... 

Highlighted
Navigator

Thanks dude  

Man I can't wait, I just want to be able to make it an entire day without charging.

Ill be sure to post my phones performance after the update.

Highlighted
Explorer
I've got the same issue and this is my first Android phone too so I am a bit disappointed
Highlighted
Explorer

An updat to my S10e.

Early last week my phone had the same battery drain where Android System had high battery usage.

I performed a Partition Cache Reset and cleared Data and Cache from the Google Play Services.  This seems to have helped but not fully resolved the issue.

3 days ago my phone received a firmware update, I installed this and perfomed the following:

• Cleared Google Play Serives Data and Cache
  • Clear Partition Cache by Switching off the phone, restarted in Recovery mode (Press and hold  Volume Up + Power + Bixby buttons down together, wait for the boot up logo, let go of all keys and wait until the recovery menu is displayed.  Use volume up and down key to navigate the menu, use power to select the option) Note DO NOT select Factory reset option, this will cause you to loose all data and factory reset the phone
  • Rebooted the phone
  • Then I reset the following:
  • Go in to settings and search for the following
  • Reset Network Settings
  • Reset Accessibility Settings
  • Reset Settings, this will reboot the phone
  • None of the 3 reset options will cause any lose of personal data, however you will need to reconnect to you wifi and re apply some phone configuration such as ring tones etc

After this the battery drain has been fixed, last night (midnight)I took the phone off the charger after it charged to 100% before I went to bed, at 5am this morning (5 hours ) it was at 98% on standby.  2 % consumption on standby for 5 hours is excellent.

oh I did uninstall and reinstalled Whatsapp as this did have high batter drain, this seems to have fixed this app battery drain.

Top Liked Authors