Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
First Poster

Samsung messaged me back last Wednesday after I reported the battery problem to them again. They've asked me to take it to a service centre which I will do but it is a pain as the closest one is about 1.5 hours away so it's going to cost me to go! 

I'm hoping they can either fix it or give me another phone as I'm now convinced there is just something wrong with mine rather than just an issue that can be easily revolved. 

Something strange I'm finding is that my phone drains SO much quicker at work than when I am at home. I have it in my pocket all day and I work in retail so I'm constantly walking around. The phone is warmer when I'm at work and the battery drains at almost 10-15% an hour despite doing nothing on it.

I'm going to have a nightmare sorting this as I've bought it from Samsung via a credit agreement (paid monthly) and trader in my S7 edge!

Highlighted
Apprentice

I solved the battery issues by taking my S10 back to Vodafone and swapping it for a Huawei P30, 24hrs off charge 47% battery left 23hrs 34mins till empty... 

Highlighted
Apprentice

How does the p30 compare to the S10 aside from battery life?

Highlighted
First Poster

For how long did you keep your S10? I mean, I wanna swap mine too due to a pretty awful battery life but I don't know if they are going to accept it cause I have it more than a month... almost two! Should I give it a try? 

Highlighted
Explorer

like someone said earlier in the thread, it may be a mainboard issue, bad quality of production. My replacement manufacture date is 3rd April 2019 and its considerably better.

Although 4G usage battery consumption is much higher than WIFI, hence I have turned off 4G, only use 3G--- unless I really need the bandwidth.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@MV7 wrote:

How does the p30 compare to the S10 aside from battery life?

The P30 doesn't have wireless charging (but that doesn't bother me) but other than that there's not too much in it. Get the P30 Pro if you want wireless charging. The cameras are brilliant too.

37hrs off charge and I've got 25% battery left. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

@guccakos wrote:

For how long did you keep your S10? I mean, I wanna swap mine too due to a pretty awful battery life but I don't know if they are going to accept it cause I have it more than a month... almost two! Should I give it a try? 

I took mine back within Vodafones 30day satisfaction guarantee. I'm not sure how you'd get on outside of that.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@guccakos wrote:

I took mine back within Vodafones 30day satisfaction guarantee. I'm not sure how you'd get on outside of that.

Highlighted
Apprentice

2nd replacement going back and looks like I am joining the P30 club. Average out 3.5hrs SOT a day which is a joke.

Would have gone for a P30 pro but prefer the size of the S10

Highlighted
Navigator

I managed 7 hours SOT yesterday randomly on my S10 from 100% to 35% battery and a mix of 4G and wifi connections.  I think that is very decent tbh

Top Liked Authors