Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252

@dani8501 wrote:
i have just recharged my device 3rd time now after april update and tommorow i will show u my screen shot with 8 hours of screen time
its getting better now with new update

Like they are saying, try to go outside and make a real daily usage. Probably gonna be the same SOT as we all (around 4 to 5h). Additionally, at least here in my country and with my carrier, if a let LTE activated even if I'm connected to wifi 100% of the time, battery deplets faster than if I have 3G activated (wifi always). I think the phone is using both chips at the same time, wifi and mobile modem.

Someone else on Reddit found exactly this as well. Would also explain on another reddit thread someone wrote a Bixby routine to disable mobile data when on wifi to save a large amount of battery...!!  

Screenshot_20190430-213628_Settings.jpg

I'm now on 14% (this is with April update). I don't think this is good enough..  

Turn off volte calls .  That takes a fair amount of battery .

My brother i am always at work 7 days

I only rest at night

I use my phone whole day   with whatsapp youtube and browser  and music

After eveey 3 to 4 minits i unlock my phone

my 7 hours screen time  is result of heavy usage

Even now i have been using it from last 10 hours  and screen time is 2 hours with 77 percent  battery

My usage is heavy

@dani8501 wrote:

My brother i am always at work 7 days

I only rest at night

I use my phone whole day   with whatsapp youtube and browser  and music

After eveey 3 to 4 minits i unlock my phone

my 7 hours screen time  is result of heavy usage

Even now i have been using it from last 10 hours  and screen time is 2 hours with 77 percent  battery

My usage is heavy

whats your point? you get great battery life,..., and??

How come yours lasts longer than mine then? I dont understand 😥

I charged my phone last night, took it off charge.. its been 24 hours now and I am still on nearly 60%

Not heave use but looks like I might get 5+ SOT

Screenshot_20190501-002625_Settings.jpg

Everyone keeps talking about the "April update". I'm finding it a little confusing to tell what version update I have. It says several dates on my software information screen. 

What is the most latest update code string? They say the April update will improve batt life. Mine sucks. Sucks a fat one. 

Screenshot_20190501-080142_Software update.jpg

This is the April update string ^^^^

It has NOT improved battery life on my phone. It's made it WORSE. That said I am connecting to the tube station wifi whereas I wasn't able to before - even by manually trying to connect it wouldn't prior to the update. 

Top Liked Authors