Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted

i think i  found what is the s10 battery drain issue

look at the screen shots below 

there is a procees that exist on other s line like s9 etc... it's called 'phone services' is some how corelated with "android system"

Screenshot_20190422-051211_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190422-051221_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190422-051457_Settings.jpg

what do you think ??

i'm using the device for 2 days maybe because is new and battery is still learning ? or is a bug ?

Highlighted

Same issue here my Samsung galaxy S8 was way better than the S10.

FYI I traveled with a friend who had only the Samsung Galaxy J7 and he had really good battery life compared to me (I was using battery economy mode and all stuff while he was using his phone with full capacity and used it intensively more than I did yet I ve got worst battery life!!!)

Highlighted

@MirceaForce wrote:

i think i  found what is the s10 battery drain issue

look at the screen shots below 

there is a procees that exist on other s line like s9 etc... it's called 'phone services' is some how corelated with "android system"

Screenshot_20190422-051211_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190422-051221_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190422-051457_Settings.jpg

what do you think ??

i'm using the device for 2 days maybe because is new and battery is still learning ? or is a bug ?

Is this not an important app for your phone to function?

Highlighted

when you click android system - phone services - this is the app that consuming battery in the backgorund ...you the same ?

you can find this in apps or device care batterry usage 

Highlighted

So strange, yesterday my phone was eating up 3% battery an hour without any use (I tested this by setting alarms on my watch and recording the battery %). But today magically I'm on 75% with 2 hours SOT?? JUST DON'T GET IT? 

Screenshot_20190422-100652_Twitter.jpg

And the prize for worse reply to solve this drain goes to the people who make the phone! 

I went on Twitter to vent which I don't like to do and Samsung ask me to message them with details - response after using usage screens from wifi and 4G :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

Again this is why I'm more than likely giving this phone a miss once sent back. 

Highlighted

@Curt_Interludes wrote:

So strange, yesterday my phone was eating up 3% battery an hour without any use (I tested this by setting alarms on my watch and recording the battery %). But today magically I'm on 75% with 2 hours SOT?? JUST DON'T GET IT? 

Yeah I'm having a lot of weird stuff happening. Today I've had 40 mins SOT and I am down to 86%  WTF Samsung?!

Highlighted

So strange, since earlier im now on 44% with 3 hours screen on time, the majority of that on 4g?!?!? 

Highlighted

i can see my s10 plus coming back to normal life

before when i remove charger after 5 minits battery starts draining even on standby

but now

but now its been an  hour stll battery is 100 percent even my wifii is always on and am using random thngs like youtube whatsapp

i cant say anything about 4g because i am not using mobile data because i always have wifi router in my pocket .

so i guess i got the solution for it

its not 100 percent solution but it works for now until samsung doesnot give us proper solution

u guys can inbox me for details

Highlighted

what is your solution ?

Top Liked Authors