Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted

Samsung do need to optimise the battery and software alot better hoping they do via an update as 4100 battery should really last 1 and half days maybe 2 but it's when the device isn't being used that it seems to drain alot 

Highlighted

@AntS wrote:

Just letting peeps know that in order to avoid any confusion I've edited Anerola's post above to include the post they were responding to. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Thanks!! haha  I was so confused when I went to look!

Highlighted

Sorry about that, and thank you for correcting it 😃

Hello everyone...

I know this subject is for S10 but just wanted to highlight I have a NOTE 9 with the same issues you are indicating... With luck I get a max of 4.50 hrs of active screen use a day (when battery down to 10% or so).. Some days it goes worse and I get only 3 and something.
My best days in battery is what I used to have with the iPhone 7 plus which I switched from that one to this one, being one of the reasons, because of the battery!!... and it's very dissapointing... I have the Exynos version as well, dual sim, I live in Spain.

I have tried many things... Wipe cache partition, restore phone to factory settings, calibrate the battery, night mode on, minimum apps sinc, etc etc... I have managed to read about 40 pages of this blog (currently on 73) and I read ALL of the comments and I have tried practically ALL, and still the same...

True I noticed that with iPhones meanwhile the battery take a lot longer to go lower 97 - 96%, in this phone it estabilise better with lower capacity (50% and below).. But still, I get the screen hours I get.. I can't manage to go over 5 hours of screen use when I expected to have +7 hrs (like many others I know who have the same phone). Plus its a 4,000 mah battery for god's sake! I am currently on 66% of battery and I have only 1 hr and 38 min of use... 8 hours ago I unplugged the phone from the charger at 100%.

As many of you, the phone is consuming 9 - 10% of battery over night without ANY use. This didnt happen the night I switched on the "airplane mode", that night, the consumption was 1% of battery when I woke up the next day...

I am regreting the switch.. And dont get me wrong.. I enjoy all the features I have earned with this mobile... But because of the battery issue I'm starting to wish switching back to iPhone or trying Huawei at least (I have a workmate with a P20 pro and his battery last 2 full days with over 10 hours of screen use!). Something else I have noticed is that the camera is not that good as I expected.. I still have the feeling that the iPhone 7 plus I had took better shots and videos in many situations..... Annoying... But still a good camera dont get me wrong...

Anyway, don't know what else to try.... Hopefully one of these comments will propose a solution that works!

Highlighted

Has it worked? 

Highlighted
Same here. Down to 88% in 1 hour without use and down to 12% after 4 hours.
Highlighted
Has it worked?
Highlighted
Did it help? What did they ask you to do?
Highlighted
Interesting that there's a problem with posting new posts
Highlighted

For me nothing has worked yet... right now I'm on 56% and I have only used 1hr.59min of active screen use. Can you imagine, 50% of battery for 2 hours of real use...... crazy...

Top Liked Authors