Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted

I would say if you get 6-8 hours SOT for a full battery drain run then you are doing well and probably don't have a problem.  I defo wasn't with my device - was getting about 3-4 hours(usually around 4 hours or so) and that was with all apps immediately put to sleep, data saver, adaptive battery, etc. So very similarly to Practicallygeek in that my device was eating my battery (probably quite literally lol).  I would say if you have 3-5 hours SOT but are running other apps like Spotify or whatever over the course of 14-16 hours then you are also doing well. 

Highlighted

@Vaishak wrote:
Should I give my phone to the customer care for a check?

Why...all looks good:thinking-face:

Highlighted

I am getting this after the factory reset.

Screen: WQHD+

Battery mode: Optimised

Video calls on whatsapp and spotify. Word games and darts of fury.

Oh yeah, edge panel and lighting is also on. 

Bluetooth always on and listening to music and calls on Samsung.buds.

Live streaming on bt sport.

I have turned most notifications off but Samsung health is on all the time.

It 25 now, let's see how much it drains overnight, might change to medium power mode.

I get around 4-5 SOT

Is it acceptable based on my usage?Screenshot_20190407-224223_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

Received new phone last night.  Spent the night re-setting it all back up and found a few additional hidden little bits...

• If you turn Data Saver on, go into the apps that you add and go to the 3 little dots in the upper right corner > Show System Apps - there are a number of useless apps that are toggled automatically as "on"

• If you go into the FB app, go to Settings > Location > Location History - this will automatically be "on" (it's a tracking service) - I've turned this off

So far I haven't had any notification issues, at least with my email (not sure about Whatsapp or anything as nobody has Whatsapp'd me yet)...

Highlighted
Explorer

helo i was also worried about this issue  

my issue is fixed by  factory reset

i was also suffering from this issue since i bought it last week

all of must try reset ur device

Highlighted
First Poster

Same problem on my phone. Today I get my second exchange hopefully this time will be the last time 

Highlighted

It might be the placebo effect but I feel like this phone MIGHT be much better on battery life. It's been over 11 hours on battery with no wifi connection and while it says sot at only 57 mins I can tell you it's been longer - probably about 1.5-2 hours using WhatsApp, email, playing candy crush (the only game on my phone) and doing some light online searching. I am at 75% - not brilliant but so far FEELS like it MIGHT be better... I has to enable background data usage for a few apps as I want receiving any notifications lol (FB, LI, WhatsApp, Email, text messages)

Highlighted

@cara1 wrote:

It might be the placebo effect but I feel like this phone MIGHT be much better on battery life. It's been over 11 hours on battery with no wifi connection and while it says sot at only 57 mins I can tell you it's been longer - probably about 1.5-2 hours using WhatsApp, email, playing candy crush (the only game on my phone) and doing some light online searching. I am at 75% - not brilliant but so far FEELS like it MIGHT be better... I has to enable background data usage for a few apps as I want receiving any notifications lol (FB, LI, WhatsApp, Email, text messages)

Yep I think this is the case - I'm having better luck to a point, seems to be draining bit to quick while using it but other times its amazing - end of the day this phone will last nearly 2 days with average usage - if you want great SOT then use the screen non stop and you could easy reach 8hrs SOT - daily real world usage like social media, gaming, browsing and watching videos you may end up with less SOT but more actual battery. BUT!! still think is bad Samsung management, other phones with less battery are better - still love this phone tho regardless. 

Highlighted
Hmmm. Well I can say I am at nearly 4 hours of sot including WhatsApp and a regular call (about 15-20 mins total), have watched YT videos for the last 15-20 mins, and brightness at around 50% battery life is holding at 45% so I would say that not too shabby in a 15 hour period. But..I have a Bixby routines that I run at bed and it came on but has suddenly come off. Just seen on the US Samsung forums that the same issue is occurring starting yesterday and over the course of today.
Highlighted

@KillYourIdols wrote:

@Sascha76 wrote:

Well your clearly in the wrong place then aren't you . If you get this sort of on screen time why are you here. Go away and be happy that you have a well working Samsung. Plenty people here don't unless you have a solution on how to fix it I suggest you shush

Because, you moron, I posted on here my Settings and infomation in case it could help others. I would still be happy to help others, rather then you spouting nonsense and running around like you own the forum which brings even less to the discussion.

@KillYourIdols  And @Fudgy31  and @bazzz  and @Colin19 are in charge of this forum:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

along with have we got our buds yet :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Top Liked Authors