Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted

Ok so Samsung has some weight to carry for difficulties with there firmware....

BUT right now the issue is with survice providers! 

Samsung HAS apparently solved the battery drain issue with their 3 updates.

If you purchased your S10e / S10 / S10+ directly from Samsung, you have received the updates and if you have Clear Google Play Store & Google Play Services & Cache and Cleared the Partition Cache, I believe that your Battery Drain issues should be total solved.

Right now your attention should be focused on you Service Providers who have not as of yet rolled out the Samsung issued updates!

Highlighted

@Wjbanks wrote:

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Robertjo wrote:

Hi,

I purcharsed my samsung s10+ on Saturday after finally swtiching from iPhone, i had the xs max but i wanted to move away from apple and the s10+ looked like the perfect phone to do that but honestly the phone spends more time on charge than it does being used. Its a great phone and my finger print sensor seems to work nearly every time but the battery is a joke. My iphone was so much better and had a much smaller battery, i had the update that was pushed out yesterday and it has made NO difference. Honestly don't know what to do with the bloody thing lol

Make sure the phone has updated to the latest firmware. 

Then go to settings > apps > press the top right 3 dots button, select Show systems app > scroll to Google play services, tap to show the options for the app. Select storage, clear the cache and data.

Then switch off the phone, once shut down, press and hold down the following buttons together, volume up, Bixby and power button. Hold all 3 down until you see the boot up screen, when you see the boot up screen let go of all buttons and wait for the recovery screen.  

In the recovery screen, use the volume button to navigate the menu, select clear cache partition, use power to select. Confirm, then select reboot .

Once the phone reboot, locate Reset Network settings, Reset accessibility and Reset Settings, reset these 3.

Now recharge the phone until full, your phone battery should improve significantly. This worked for my S10e. 

Good luck. 

What does this actually do? Coming from an iPhone myself 

For clearing out Google play services, this site is useful https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202631/

For choosing Cache Partition this is useful details https://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-what-does-wipe-the-cache-partition-do-on-android-devices-like-t...

Please note the steps on how to get to the screen to perform the cache partition on the Samsung phones from S8 trought to S10 is Volume up + Bixby + power button .

Highlighted

Thank you. I have cleared the Google play services cache and data from settings. Will this help? I'm also on ee and waiting for an update. Once it arrives I will reboot and wipe cache partition as you have advised 

Highlighted

So I got my update yesterday. 

I played games 5 hours straight and battery and lost 60% which I think is pretty fair. I left it uncharged on purpose and went to bed with 21%. I closed wifi and sync as always and woke up with 20%. I think it's safe to say that the update worked. 

I cleared partition cache right after the update  I enabled tap to wake - always on display . 

So i guess my s10 is ok with this update. 

Wait for yours before thinking of returning  your devices . 

I'm on EE and they are famous for being last for pushing updates. I've heard from a friend who works with them they only push updates once they have had a month of testing. Hence why km still on the Feb update.

I have to say though, since my last moan, my battery has improved noticeably. I've left the screen on the highest resolution and just out power saving to ontimsed. Also turned on the adaptive battery setting. That's it.

Now I'm at 78% charged at 1pm and I've been using it all day. So it's definitely going to last more than a day.

Maybe it wasn't bs that it takes 2 weeks to lean your usage?! 

Highlighted

I have a S10 snap855 and I am experiencing fast battery drain as well.  As soon as I take it off the charger, use it for about a minute or two it already drops to 99% and quickly diminishes thereafter to the 80%'s after only an hour or so.

Meanwhile, my iPhone X is still at 100%.... so yeah I dont get this at all, WTF Sammy??

EDIT:  Seems like the SCREEN is whats sucking the battery down so fast.. When I go into battery usage "Screen" is right there on the top and accounts for the vast majority of an over 10% drop within 1.5 hrs.

Highlighted
Thanks, that's reassuring.

EE pests, let's spam them on Twitter and Facebook.
Highlighted
Just to reiterate, I'm on EE, with an S10+ and got my update yesterday.
Highlighted

->REASSURE SEQUENCE: YES

-->REASSURE: COMPLETE

*REASSURE SUCCESSFUL*

CD:\

Highlighted

I bought mine direct from Samsung 3 days ago. It obviously has the updates because it's been on for 10 hours & the battery is still 68%.

Wow, what a positive change from my old S6. However, my old friend did qualify for a rebate of £150.00. The S10 is fantastic!!:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Top Liked Authors