Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted
Tehki8 - your post is most helpful! I have the XEU model (S10 and not S10e) and is showing that an another update has been pushed out so should probably arrive later next week or so...was it the 3rd update that fixed the battery drain? The second one hasn't done anything for me.
Highlighted
I did see biggest improvement with the third update.👍
Highlighted

Thanks Dale!! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Fed up waiting for the updates.

If anyone on EE UK receive any updates, please let me know. Still on 1st Feb's update
Highlighted
I'm on ee in the UK and got the update this afternoon. Installed it this evening, wiped Google play cache and data and wiped cache partition and the battery is still draining way faster than it should. 15% in the last hour and a half!

I'll be badgering Samsung about that replacement, and then if that doesn't work I'll be asking for my money back.
Highlighted

@bigjig wrote:
Fed up waiting for the updates.

If anyone on EE UK receive any updates, please let me know. Still on 1st Feb's update

Yeah I'm on ee. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a Samsung model. 

Highlighted
Was EE offering phones off contract? I know Vodafone wasn't - and they both wouldn't let me play with the phones either . I'm with GiffGaff so buying outright is basically my only option and I bought from Currys - normally I buy off Amazon or the manufacturer itself but Currys offered me free next day delivery (when I told them I would go to Amazon lol)
Highlighted

Yes pre-ordered from EE, getting thr buds next week.

I have tried a million times, no updates yet. But after some tweaks I am getting 6 hours screen time and a good few hours on VOIP calls and an hour of phone calls with some board games and YouTube so I am keeping the phone.

Highlighted

Hi everyone, 

The battery life of my s10e seems a bit better. I fully charged it yesterday at 2pm and now at 10am I have 32%. I must say that I almost did not use the phone, just a bit of instagram. I received an update yesterday and I cleared cache of google play store (but honestly I don't understand how this would help). I will continue to carefully check if things are getting better. I still think that as a new phone I should be able to use it quiet a lot (music, emails, social media, browse and maybe a few video) with a single charge over 10 hours work day.

Highlighted

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Robertjo wrote:

Hi,

I purcharsed my samsung s10+ on Saturday after finally swtiching from iPhone, i had the xs max but i wanted to move away from apple and the s10+ looked like the perfect phone to do that but honestly the phone spends more time on charge than it does being used. Its a great phone and my finger print sensor seems to work nearly every time but the battery is a joke. My iphone was so much better and had a much smaller battery, i had the update that was pushed out yesterday and it has made NO difference. Honestly don't know what to do with the bloody thing lol

Make sure the phone has updated to the latest firmware. 

Then go to settings > apps > press the top right 3 dots button, select Show systems app > scroll to Google play services, tap to show the options for the app. Select storage, clear the cache and data.

Then switch off the phone, once shut down, press and hold down the following buttons together, volume up, Bixby and power button. Hold all 3 down until you see the boot up screen, when you see the boot up screen let go of all buttons and wait for the recovery screen.  

In the recovery screen, use the volume button to navigate the menu, select clear cache partition, use power to select. Confirm, then select reboot .

Once the phone reboot, locate Reset Network settings, Reset accessibility and Reset Settings, reset these 3.

Now recharge the phone until full, your phone battery should improve significantly. This worked for my S10e. 

Good luck. 

What does this actually do? Coming from an iPhone myself 

Top Liked Authors