Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 27/03/19 23:52)
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10e | S10 | S10+ | S10 5G

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Navigator
Options

@Ditman wrote:

Hello everyone! I've been following this discussion for a few days and this is my first post. I'mIfrom Bulgaria and got the S10 model (Exynos) on March 15. The first days the battery was awful but after doing all the steps for better battery+ hard reset my phone got better overall. The last 2-3 days I'm getting SOT- 6 hours and 50 minutes average. My settings are: FHD+ resolution, Optimized battery mode, Adaptive battery-on, Auto brightness-off, Night mode-on (only for the night). I'm a heavy user also. Using both WiFi and LTE, Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Youtube, Browsing, Spotify and sometime playing games. The picture shows my last battery performance. What do you think? Do I have bad battery or not?Screenshot_20190327-141812_Settings.jpg

You are getting 18h+ standby with nearly 7h screen on time in my opinion it's very good for the S10 variant

Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your quick reply, Tehki8. Btw I still haven't got the update.
0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

S10+ here.
Anyone tried disabling background use for apps like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook?  +disabling most autosync items on Google accounts

Also Settings -> Google -> Location -> Recent Requests -> remove location permission / uninstall app if not needed / disable background use etc.

The coming update improves battery life, is this confirmed?

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Very poor battery life... you have to charge your phone thrice a day
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone on this thread live in the usa?

0 Likes
Navigator
Options

Once people get these update please let everyone know how it went. (still no luck in the UK) 

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Same here I have to charge it twice or 3 per day only normal usage no intensive gaming just social networks YT IG FB Snap mail and spotify

0 Likes
Navigator
Options

YT, SC, FB are KNOWN battery killers....especially the wakelock on SC.  I don't have SC on my phone anymore (I never use it anyways but my friends send me the odd SC), have restricted FB, and use YT on wifi (but usually to look at how to do stuff!).

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Although i downloaded an update on Monday ive just had another one available. Hopefully makes some improvements.

0 Likes
Pathfinder
Options

According to what I been reading, the update of firmware is pushed out by the network operator (VODAFONE FOR ME) I have yet to receive a firmware update but as Karma would have it my phone has started to get very hot and my battery isnt lasting as long as it was.  So im hoping the update will cure it.

0 Likes