Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s10 android 11 update-wifi is not working anymore

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 06:55 PM)
langewim
Student
Options

hi

i just updated my s10 with android 11. after update my s10 cannot connect to wifi anymore.

someone with same experience/ solution?

thx in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
langewim
Student
Options

hi andrew. thx.

issue is solved

View solution in context

29 REPLIES 29
AndrewL
Options

@langewim: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try pressing the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any temporary issues that may have arisen following the update. If the problem persists, try resetting your router by unplugging it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog next to your router > Advanced > MAC Address Type > Phone MAC. If you're still unable to connect, are you able to try connecting to another router to see if the issue persists? 

0 Likes
Solution
langewim
Student
Options

hi andrew. thx.

issue is solved

DBlackRider
Student
Options

Hello exactly same problem here, I tried 10s power button + volume down + bixby button. Problem remains. Please help on this. Router is good. It's happening since update

DBlackRider
Student
Options

Also tried WIPE CACHE PARTITION. Problem persists.

0 Likes
H3lli0n
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I'm in France and just received the update. As others Wifi was not working anymore after the update but I found the solution in my case :

My Wifi is mac protected and now the default setting for Wifi connection is a random mac adress.

So follow the steps as I did :

1/ Forget the network

2/ Try connect the network

3/ Check the option of random in advanced connection sub panel and turn it off

4/ Connection success

Members_2YydW4a
First Poster
Options

Hi, i am in Uk got the update for android 11 this morning and have the same issue. Tried both the solution mentioned here with no luck.

Other devices on the wifi are connected to Internet without any issue.

Is there anything else i can do? 

H3lli0n
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Be sure to save the preference and check before connect to the network that the desired setting is activated

0 Likes
CodyO
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I'm having the same issue since the update as well.  Originally I restarted the phone and tried to get back on my network but my phone would keep restarting every few minutes randomly. Once it did this 3x I turned off the WIFI toggle and it would be fine. I bought a new modem and router afterwards and had no issues getting everything else in the house including wife's iPhone on it but could not get my S10 back on the 2.4Ghz band. Tried the reset with DOWN BUTTON+POWER, RESET of all Network settings in SETTINGS, tried updating all apps that were waiting for WIFI connection using my cell phone data then noticed that CHROME browser, and Android Web Services are only 2 apps that wouldn't respond to updating (last updated on the 4th of Feb.). Turning WIFI on will no longer pick up any networks on phone anymore (home or work), it just has a continuous circle on the WIFI button that comes and goes.

MrWiggenhammer
Apprentice
Options

Same here, all devices are picking up the wifi. Yesterday I got the update, I think I had wifi after that but this morning it was gone and I cannot connect. Tried the reset with the power button + volume down + bixby but that didn't help.