Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10+ Android 10 update slow download

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 05:01 PM)
itsphobia
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've got a problem with downloading latest software update. It's been downloading all day. Literally ALL DAY.

And it's just got over the half. Friends who also have the same device downloaded and updated successfully within 10 minutes.

Changing from Wi-Fi to mobile data did not change anything. Still slow. Never had a problem with previous updates...

56 REPLIES 56
minibeest
First Poster
Options

Supervpn fix worked..... have been going nearly 24 hours and it's now down to 3 mins!!

0 Likes
Tubzconnor
First Poster
Options

Mines still got over 2 hours and the bar hasn't moved much 🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Likes
Jays10
Student
Options
I have the same problem on my and my wife's s10 from EE. I've searched high and low and cant find a solution why it's at 10hr+ for the update. I have 200mbp download. Need to post this on Twitter.
G973FXXU3BSKO that's the update
0 Likes
mashton
Apprentice
Options

I used my vpn...and it went through in 2 minutes.

i am with EE too - amazing their tech team have no idea of this work around....YET, they told me it was a "known fault"

0 Likes
Sherixxx
First Poster
Options
You sir are my hero!!!! Thank youuuuuu!!!!
0 Likes
TractorDriver
Apprentice
Options
17 hours down to 10 minutes, genius!
0 Likes
Joe101
Student
Options

Nice one, makes sense. Panda VPN took it from 17 hrs to 5 mins on my Galaxy S10.

0 Likes
Oliur
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot!the time for me was at like 6 hours but as I turned on the VPN, it literally was changing the numbers to like 4 minutes. 

I'm pleased thanks.

0 Likes
Justkatiee_x
Apprentice
Options

I might sound daft but what is super vpn?

0 Likes
mashton
Apprentice
Options

Any VPN will do...it means Virtual Personal Network.

It hides your IP address and uses variable servers/connections (I am no techie...so I am sure others will correct me on teminology).

But you can hey paid ones like Nord VPN, or there are free ones out there, and I assume Super VPN is one by the numbers of people who seem to recommend it here.

Load it, run it on your phone...then do the update

0 Likes