Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10+ Android 10 update slow download

(Topic created on: 21-12-2019 07:51 AM)
itsphobia
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've got a problem with downloading latest software update. It's been downloading all day. Literally ALL DAY.

And it's just got over the half. Friends who also have the same device downloaded and updated successfully within 10 minutes.

Changing from Wi-Fi to mobile data did not change anything. Still slow. Never had a problem with previous updates...

56 REPLIES 56
itsphobia
Apprentice
Options

Mod: I have accepted one of the answers as a solution by accident. Please change it.

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options

Hi im also on EE, i will call at 8am when they open. 

0 Likes
itsphobia
Apprentice
Options
Same here. Also EE customer.
The update was completed overnight. I have no idea how long it actually took to download. Did not install it yet. Will do when I'll get back home.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Brett2 wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem my wife has a s10 and that was done in 5 mins I've got 20 hours to go . My phone is with ee my wifes with Tesco wonder if that has something to do with it because it will have ee stuff on the update as well so come from the ee server?? 

In regards to Network supplied phones i.e branded the networks have their own CsC code and flavour of Android 10 which can mean either no changes or the networks ask Samsung to remove / de activate features to stop any possibility of clashing with their network services.

The updates come from Samsung after the network authorises the push out usually after testing as far as I'm aware.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Brett2
Journeyman
Options
Appears strange that all of us are with EE . My wifes S10 was downloaded and installed in under 10 mins . I have 21 hours 31 mins left.
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options

My phone is direct from EE and im in the UK. Software update go automatically go through on my handset.  Im thinking it maybe the servers as Ive just checked EE's community page and there are posts on there about this issue. Ive paused the update for now. Thank you for your help 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It does seem strange as Samsungs schedule shows January 2020 for release.

However I'm sure not many will complain at getting the update early.

I was tempted to join Beta but I need my phone to be stable.

I'd be grateful if you guys could give an update on how you find the new firmware and features it brings and if you've found any bugs.

Until then I'll await patiently  :winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Brett2  @itsphobia @BandOfBrothers  just to let you know, ive called Samsung spoke to a really helpful agent called Isac, and they have advised it seems to be an issue, with a few network providers. They have advised to remain connected to wifi and with the phone on charge incase the battery runs low. Not to pause the update either and it will eventually run through 🤞.

itsphobia
Apprentice
Options
Thanks @Kimmy2 for the heads up.
However my friend is in EE as well and she did her update in about 10 mins...
Anyway, my update is now installed. Everything seems to be fine. I like the new animation style. Camera menu is also an improvement.
0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options

Fab. Glad your all sorted. Im still on 20hours!!! Enjoy the new features and merry christmas @itsphobia