Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 alarm vibrates even though vibrate is set to off

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 06:05 PM)
GSKTP1983
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I am trying to fix my alarm. I set it and switch vibrate to "off" however when the alarm sounds it will still vibrate.

Does anyone know how to rectify this please?

9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @GSKTP1983 ,

your Samsung Galaxy S10's alarm can sound even if the phone is set to vibrate or mute. To make sure you can hear the alarm, you need to turn the alarm sound on when you create your alarm. The alarm sound works independently of the phone's sound mode.

0 Likes
GSKTP1983
Apprentice
Options

Hi thanks for the reply!

Oh no sorry I think I may not have explained it properly. I set the alarm to sound at a certain time but set vibrate to 'off'. The alarm sounds at the correct time, but the phone still vibrates - does that make sense?

0 Likes
GSKTP1983
Apprentice
Options

Hi @TessM thanks for the reply!

Oh no sorry I think I may not have explained it properly. I set the alarm to sound at a certain time but set vibrate to 'off'. The alarm sounds at the correct time, but the phone still vibrates - does that make sense?

0 Likes
GSKTP1983
Apprentice
Options

I have also just noticed, this only occurs when the phone is muted.

Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Go into you clock app and hit the (3 dots) on the top right and go into setting. Do you see the option "vibrate for alarms and timers". Make sure that option is off.

GSKTP1983
Apprentice
Options

It has worked! Thank you 😁

Marcus28
First Poster
Options

This doesn't work for me on my S10 or S10 5G. Vibtation still happens on alarm even when turned off following the steps you mention. Why is this?

broglet
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem which is not solved by following the suggestions above

Fcha
Student
Options

Had the same issue for a while and decided to find what is going on.

They have another vibration option for each alarm that you create!!

To see this option for vibration you need either on creating the alaem to disable the vibration or if u already have a saved alarm click to open it and disable the vibration..

Not sure whyyy they have the same setting all over the place

0 Likes