Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 12:56 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

Go to solution
97 REPLIES 97
jivatmaji
Apprentice
Options

have you tried to clear bluetooth cache/data?

0 Likes
DoctorEB
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have tried clearing the cache and it made no difference. 

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

I agree this is all a faff. I have checked and mine definitely ok now.

It doesn't make any difference whether I have volume limit on (custom high) or have it switched off.

I have S10 Note with Android 10. I use Zolo bluetooth earbuds, nothing special.

It sounds like you have done everything right, but I can only suggest you follow the instructions set in the above thread meticulously.

I would select the developer options, then go in and disable them. They definitely need to be off.

If that isn't working, I'm afraid the only other suggestion I would have would be to reset the phone, which I know is *****, and is also rather unlikely so solve the problem sorry, but it's all I can suggest.

0 Likes
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

Man you are dumb.... There is nothing from Samsung called the s10 note, it's s10, s10+, s10e, s10 5g, s10 lite, note 10, note10 +, note 10 lite. And no just do what i said in my previous post step by step. If that does not fix the problem of volume too high or too low then you most probably have a defective audio device. If you are sure it is not, then connect them to another Samsung phone, or any other phone, not a watch and not a smart fridge. If they work perfectly, then try resetting your phone if you care enough about the audio on the Bluetooth audio device.

Here is the post for reference:

Go to settings, scroll down, open about phone, open software information, press consecutivly on the build number button (like 10 times or so) until you get a message saying you have successfully unlocked developer options, go back to settings, open Bluetooth options in the connections section, unpair all of your audio outputting devices, go to settings main menu, scroll down, open developer options, scroll down until you find "disable absolute volume", put it on the active state (on), pair your wanted Bluetooth audio device(s) back and  enjoy!!

For those who need an explanation: This unsynchronises the sound volume of your phone from your Bluetooth audio device's audio volume, so you get more control. This fixes the software side of the "sound is way too high or way too low" problem.

0 Likes
qodortechie
First Poster
Options

After Android 10, One UI 2.0 update,

media volume sync option is hidden from bluetooth, but still you can use media volume sync, 

do some setting

from setting->app-> reset app preferences

unpaire your bluetooth device

(if delevoper option is not enable then you have to enable it first)

setting->developer options-> enable or click (Disable absolute volume)

now paire your bluetooth device again.

above setting work for my Galaxy A7 (2018) model.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Hasan_k: The troubleshooting steps are definitely appreciated, but please try to keep things civil and refrain from using insults.
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

Acceptabla argument, I'll try to refrain from such language.

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

And I will try not to hurl insults at your spelling or typing

0 Likes
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

Acceptablo , you think that was a typo ?

0 Likes
hopdig
First Poster
Options

You can use the search function in Developer Options and then search for Disable Absolute Volume. 

0 Likes