Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 12:56 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

Go to solution
97 REPLIES 97
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options
This unsynchronises the sound volume of your phone from your Bluetooth audio device's audio volume, so you get more control. This fixes the software side of the "sound is way too high or way too low" problem
0 Likes
Lassi
First Poster
Options

Dual audio can be enabled by simply choosing 2 different devices in "media" panel :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Anna2500
First Poster
Options

After going into developer options and changing the setting, you're right. You must unlink the bluetooth and relink before the changes apply. 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Just tried this , my buds were fairly loud but I like music loud so , I tried my phones volume level set at one press ( one press up from zero volume ) tried the option of sound option under dev opt ON and OFF , with it ON you need to max out the buds volume ( press touch pad ) then I tried it , then I tried the volume opt under dev opt OFF , so that the phones volume controls the buds volume , conclusion is ...the buds are LOUDER when the volume opt under dev opt is turned ON . Set phone volume to minimum and buds maxed then turn up using phones buttons and you'll notice a slight difference .

0 Likes
zakariamcse
First Poster
Options

try to unpair and pair again......SOLVED

0 Likes
zakariamcse
First Poster
Options

The proble creates after update android 10. Samsung solve asap. 

Enable "Disable absolute volue" from developer option, if not enable developer option, and developer option should be remain on. then unpair bluetooth device and pair again.... sloved...100%

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

My Bluetooth headphones are really quiet. I need to turn volume sync off but the option has gone. What the hell are these developers doing? 

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

That's all very well but it doesn't solve the problem where Bluetooth headphones are too quiet. They are fine if I use them through my watch! 

0 Likes
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

Here's my auto reply to this issue:

Go to settings, scroll down, open about phone, open software information, press consecutivly on the build number button (like 10 times or so) until you get a message saying you have successfully unlocked developer options, go back to settings, open Bluetooth options in the connections section, unpair all of your audio outputting devices, go to settings main menu, scroll down, open developer options, scroll down until you find "disable absolute volume", put it on the active state (on), pair your wanted Bluetooth audio device(s) back and  enjoy!!

For those who need an explanation: This unsynchronises the sound volume of your phone from your Bluetooth audio device's audio volume, so you get more control. This fixes the software side of the "sound is way too high or way too low" problem.

0 Likes
AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

No it doesnt

I have to put phone on max volume with the headphones. They are fine when through watch. 

This is absolute *****. I am well pissed off with this update 

0 Likes