Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 12:56 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

Go to solution
97 REPLIES 97
Good_Dayz
Student
Options

This is what Bro posted and it worked below he is a savior:

Adrock318 

Apprentice

This option was disabled by Samsung in the last update. I have complained about this as well since this is a feature I would constantly switch back and fourth based on which device I was connected to. The only current workaround is to go into developer options and turn on the "disable absolute volume" option. To turn developer options on, 1. Go to phone settings and scroll down to about phone. 2. Tap "about phone" and scroll to "software information" and click it. 3. Tap "build number" 7 times until a message pops up saying that you have enabled developer options. Back out to main settings menu and now at the very bottom there will be an option for developer options. Within that menu you will find the absolute volume setting. After this is on, reconnect to any Bluetooth device for the change to take place. You now should have a separate control for volume on your phone and separate volume on the device. Hopefully Samsung will switch this back ASAP. 

RichWallace
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. I eventually also found this answer on a UK Samsung community site. Worked like a charm. Now I can get full value of volume out of all my speakers that I am connected with via bluetooth. In the past my volume was limited to "default" so even the maximum volume on my phone was nowhere near the maximum volume capability of the speaker.

0 Likes
jjparish32
First Poster
Options

@Adrock318 wrote:

This option was disabled by Samsung in the last update. I have complained about this as well since this is a feature I would constantly switch back and fourth based on which device I was connected to. The only current workaround is to go into developer options and turn on the "disable absolute volume" option. To turn developer options on, 1. Go to phone settings and scroll down to about phone. 2. Tap "about phone" and scroll to "software information" and click it. 3. Tap "build number" 7 times until a message pops up saying that you have enabled developer options. Back out to main settings menu and now at the very bottom there will be an option for developer options. Within that menu you will find the absolute volume setting. After this is on, reconnect to any Bluetooth device for the change to take place. You now should have a separate control for volume on your phone and separate volume on the device. Hopefully Samsung will switch this back ASAP. 

FYI - this worked on the Galaxy S9 Plus after the udpate to Android 10 as well.

0 Likes
grammax
First Poster
Options

Yes, it works! You have to turn on the absolute volume in developer mode and then pair the audio device. Thank you. By the way why developers team of.samsung did switch off this feature? ???

0 Likes
KaydeeDarrah
First Poster
Options
Where is the absolute volume
0 Likes
KaydeeDarrah
First Poster
Options
That is awesome it worked!! Ty so much!
0 Likes
Jov2
Student
Options

After the most recent updaye my phone is doing this again!!!! Is anyone else having this issue? I cannot find any of the settings previously used to fix this and my earbuds are way too loud on the lowest setting! Why cant they just leave stuff alone why is that something that has to change!?!?!?!

0 Likes
Jov2
Student
Options

I am having the same issue since the most recsnt update!!!

0 Likes
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

Go to settings, scroll down, open about phone, open software information, press consecutivly on the build number button (like 10 times or so) until you get a message saying you have successfully unlocked developer options, go back to settings, open Bluetooth options in the connections section, unpair all of your audio outputting devices, go to settings main menu, scroll down, open developer options, scroll down until you find "disable absolute volume", put it on the active state (on), pair your wanted Bluetooth audio device(s) back and  enjoy!!

For those who need an explanation: This unsynchronises the sound volume of your phone from your Bluetooth audio device's audio volume, so you get more control. This fixes the software side of the "sound is way too high or way too low" problem.

0 Likes
chesh03
First Poster
Options

How does this help?

0 Likes