Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 18-01-2020 07:22 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

97 REPLIES 97
Snapshotstacy
Apprentice
Options
In settings, once your Developer Options are turned on, scroll all the way to the bottom & go into them.
My "Disable Absolute Volume" was about a third of the way down that list, in the "Networking" section.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Just to keep you all in the loop. We're still waiting for word back from the developers on this one! As soon as we know more, we'll let you all know.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Josh806
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for the help. Worked perfectly for me. 

0 Likes
RichWallace
First Poster
Options

Hi Byron. I have the exact same problem on my S10+. Did you find a solution yet?

0 Likes
DarkWyvern
First Poster
Options

@Adrock318 wrote:

This option was disabled by Samsung in the last update. I have complained about this as well since this is a feature I would constantly switch back and fourth based on which device I was connected to. The only current workaround is to go into developer options and turn on the "disable absolute volume" option. To turn developer options on, 1. Go to phone settings and scroll down to about phone. 2. Tap "about phone" and scroll to "software information" and click it. 3. Tap "build number" 7 times until a message pops up saying that you have enabled developer options. Back out to main settings menu and now at the very bottom there will be an option for developer options. Within that menu you will find the absolute volume setting. After this is on, reconnect to any Bluetooth device for the change to take place. You now should have a separate control for volume on your phone and separate volume on the device. Hopefully Samsung will switch this back ASAP. 

This fixed it for me. But found that if you then cancel/disable the "developer options" to remove it from the main settings menu it also disabled the "absolute volume" button so you would need to reset it again. 

Which means that to continue you need to leave the "developer option" active. 

I still have no idea why they would remove the "media volume sync" and replace it with "ring tone sync" no idea what use that is. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

The developers have got back to us:

"'When the device that supports media volume sync is connected, the feature will be activated in default.
But if you have any problem with it, you can deactivate it on developer options.
Please follow the instructions and try to reconnect the device and then check again.
>> Go to Developer options > Set on 'Disable absolute volume' > Reconnect bluetooth headset > Check the volume adjustable separately'

They're not looking to change this, but at least it does match with what you guys found out in terms of the developer options.

0 Likes
Jusmisdit
First Poster
Options

Sorry if this is a silly question but, are there any reasons why one wouldn't want to put their device in developer mode? Really want my volume control back but don't want to void my warranty or cause any other adverse effects on other functions.

0 Likes
Adrock318
Apprentice
Options

As long as you don't change any other settings in developer options, there is no harm . It will not void your warranty and you can turn off developer options on top of menu once you change the absolute volume setting. It will hide developer options again but the absolute volume setting you changed will stay active. 

mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

developer options are harmless.

Please  correct me if wrong.

0 Likes
BixbyNoGood
Pioneer
Options

Another reason to skip updates..  we shouldnt need to struggle through an update every month.

0 Likes