Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 27-12-2019 07:28 AM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

97 REPLIES 97
Aodake
Student
Options

What do you mean repair

0 Likes
Tony503
First Poster
Options
"Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume > Use Volume Keys For Media"

This doesn't work. This update has messed up other things too. Dual device for bluetooth also stopped working.
0 Likes
Dolphin7707
First Poster
Options
I agree about the dual audio. Very disappointed in its removal with this last update. I used it often!
0 Likes
AdrianMichael
Journeyman
Options
Guys. Jus see my previous reply about the Dual Audio. It is NOT removed! It's only moved... Just connect two bt5 pairs of headphones then from notification screen tap on media, then check both buds that you connected, listed there. Boom now sound is on both. I've tested it and now that's how it works.
0 Likes
Aodake
Student
Options

but dude the post is about something totally different

AdrianMichael
Journeyman
Options
I was responding to Dolphin7707 and others who had the Dual Audio question. And both the volume media sync and dual audio were under Bluetooth-Advanced. I don't see where is your problem with me.. I also wrote that Media Volume Sync is still an issue.
0 Likes
Adrock318
Apprentice
Options

This option was disabled by Samsung in the last update. I have complained about this as well since this is a feature I would constantly switch back and fourth based on which device I was connected to. The only current workaround is to go into developer options and turn on the "disable absolute volume" option. To turn developer options on, 1. Go to phone settings and scroll down to about phone. 2. Tap "about phone" and scroll to "software information" and click it. 3. Tap "build number" 7 times until a message pops up saying that you have enabled developer options. Back out to main settings menu and now at the very bottom there will be an option for developer options. Within that menu you will find the absolute volume setting. After this is on, reconnect to any Bluetooth device for the change to take place. You now should have a separate control for volume on your phone and separate volume on the device. Hopefully Samsung will switch this back ASAP. 

LeuvenRich
Student
Options
Brilliant - thanks!
0 Likes
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

Yeah that doesn't work.

"Disable absolute volume" does nothing and apparently people have been bitching about that for years on the internet.

0 Likes
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options
No, *****.
The volume is too high on the LOWEST setting, *****.
0 Likes