Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Picture Stuck Processing in Camera/Gallery for Samsung S10e

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 09:28 PM)
ProWiNz
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I recently took a photo while on a trip and for some reason it has been stuck with the processing wheel below it since then. As a result, I cannot delete/move/edit the photo, and any attemps to do so result in "Couldn't move image to trash. Try again" message. I can still take new photos and delete/edit those (as well as any photos taken before this problem one), just not the problem one in question.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried some online solutions (not specific to the S10e - deleting data cache/turning off auto sync), but nothing has worked so far. Any solutions (or even trying the previously tried ones with specific steps provided, as I was just trying random tips), would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ProWiNz
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up going into a Samsung store, and after a bunch of attempts to delete it, the thing that eventually worked was resetting the trash folder.

What they did was go to: My Files ->clicked 3 dot icon at top right->Settings->Go to File Management where it has "Trash" which was switched on->switch off. Go back to photo and delete and you can turn it back on. Not sure if other methods plus this resulted in it working, but this was the last thing they did which allowed it to be deleted.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try something like a software programme from computer to the phone.

For.example I use a MacBook Air so use Android Transfer.

Maybe if you auto store pictures on a Sd card try removing that and re insert.

That or as a last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

Or pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

OB_1
Student
Options

The image was stuck in processing mode for 3 days I tried (with no joy)

1.  Rebooting the device

2. Downloading and installing the latest software update

3.  Going to the store where I bought the S10E and had "experts" try

What did work was

1. Connecting the phone to my computer

2. Moving (not copying) all the pictures from the camera to the computer (pictures in /Phone/DCIM/Camera)

3. Copying (not moving, but I don't think it matters) just the pictures I wanted back to the folder on the phone.

That seemed to do it.  The image that was "processing" was gone.

Solution
ProWiNz
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up going into a Samsung store, and after a bunch of attempts to delete it, the thing that eventually worked was resetting the trash folder.

What they did was go to: My Files ->clicked 3 dot icon at top right->Settings->Go to File Management where it has "Trash" which was switched on->switch off. Go back to photo and delete and you can turn it back on. Not sure if other methods plus this resulted in it working, but this was the last thing they did which allowed it to be deleted.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

0 Likes
Itok99
First Poster
Options

I have the same experience in my Samsung A51, trying your method but not working. There are 3 photos show processing wheel and can't be deleted at all from gallery. I really appreciate if there are any suggestions.

0 Likes
OB_1
Student
Options

What happens when you attempt to MOVE the pictures from your phone to a computer?

0 Likes
tilfj1
First Poster
Options

I moved the processing picture to another album on my phone and then I was able to delete it.

Jess05
First Poster
Options

This trash setting change did not work for me...

0 Likes
Enzo040
First Poster
Options

This worked for me and i was able to delete the picture too! Just as simple as that and it was the only one that worked 🔥😅🙏🏻

0 Likes
ProWiNz
Apprentice
Options

Great, I'm glad me posting was able to help somehone haha.

0 Likes