Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

photo quality compared to video quality zoomed in screenshot of video quality

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 02:44 PM)
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
When I take a photo the picture is OK and nice colour but when I zoom with a video its awful and washed out is this normal s10 camera behaviour even in good light its the same? Top photo is the video zoomed and the better one is just a picture with no enhancements 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
The reason why photo taken on camera is much better than video is because, it doesn’t require as much processing and much of the processing goes into perfecting a single frame of photo thus improving the quality of photo greatly.

A video is like taking a bunch of photos in a very short period of time (for example 60 fps meaning 60 photos in 1 second). This require a very high processing rate of images taken within that short period.

hope that answers your question:)

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
The reason why photo taken on camera is much better than video is because, it doesn’t require as much processing and much of the processing goes into perfecting a single frame of photo thus improving the quality of photo greatly.

A video is like taking a bunch of photos in a very short period of time (for example 60 fps meaning 60 photos in 1 second). This require a very high processing rate of images taken within that short period.

hope that answers your question:)
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
that does answer my question very well thank you 😊