Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P SYMBOL ON START UP

(Topic created on: 13-08-2019 06:47 PM)
Flyguyl
Explorer
Options

Anyone know what the "P" Symbol is that shows on start up is Galaxy S10 Plus
it goes away after a few seconds, here it is top left near the email notification Screenshot_20190607-182418_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@67GTV wrote:

I believe the P notification is not only telling you the phone rebooted, but that you have to unlock the device to complete the bootup process.  My S10e will not accept a fingerprint for the first unlock, so I could not capture a screen shot. After unlocking the device the cell carrier and weather widget finish loading.

I dont mind the P, but the annoying beeps had to go after restarts.

0 Likes
ML421
First Poster
Options

Omg thank you so much!!  That was driving me crazy as well!  Thanks for your help with this :)!!

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@67GTV wrote:

I believe the P notification is not only telling you the phone rebooted, but that you have to unlock the device to complete the bootup process.  My S10e will not accept a fingerprint for the first unlock, so I could not capture a screen shot. After unlocking the device the cell carrier and weather widget finish loading.

That is standard across devices and manufacturers, upon reboot you have to enter in a pin. I've not once been able to use a fingerprint after reboot on various devices/manufacturers.  If you would have let the phone sit for another minute all of that would have loaded all on its own, it has nothing to do with the boot.

0 Likes
67GTV
Student
Options

I only mentioned not being able to unlock with a fingerprint because I could not take a screen shot.

To your other point, the phone does not fully bootup until it is unlocked. I confirmed this by restarting my S10e and letting it sit. After an hour I still had the Pie "P" and when I unlocked my phone I saw the "Phone is starting..." message. See attached picture.  You can still see the "P" in the upper left notification area.  It has everything to do with the boot.

While the phone sat idle for that hour, I did confirm that incoming calls and text messages are received, albeit with the default Notification sound.

Screenshot_20190810-170924_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@67GTV wrote:

I only mentioned not being able to unlock with a fingerprint because I could not take a screen shot.

To your other point, the phone does not fully bootup until it is unlocked. I confirmed this by restarting my S10e and letting it sit. After an hour I still had the Pie "P" and when I unlocked my phone I saw the "Phone is starting..." message. See attached picture.  You can still see the "P" in the upper left notification area.  It has everything to do with the boot.

While the phone sat idle for that hour, I did confirm that incoming calls and text messages are received, albeit with the default Notification sound.

Screenshot_20190810-170924_One UI Home.jpg

Of course you can't take a screenshot until you have actually logged into the phone.

Sigh, The P will sit there because you didn't turn it off in the settings, you need to adjust the settings like I stated above for both tone and indication.  You can have an indication without tone, if you don't adjust the settings.

You don't understand how a system boots up at all. Please stop

0 Likes
mariovissario
First Poster
Options

@Flyguyl wrote:

it goes away after a few seconds, here it is top left near the email notification Screenshot_20190607-182418_One UI Home.jpg

I don't know if it is the same with the UK model of the phone but in Germany it loads a few seconds after first unlocking and then the P symbol comes to the status bar.

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@mariovissario wrote:

@Flyguyl wrote:

it goes away after a few seconds, here it is top left near the email notification Screenshot_20190607-182418_One UI Home.jpg

I don't know if it is the same with the UK model of the phone but in Germany it loads a few seconds after first unlocking and then the P symbol comes to the status bar.

They are all the same device. You need to set the setting correctly as I gave instructions earlier in the thread. If you are still seeing a P, then you didn't select the correct setting shutting it off.

0 Likes
DOOM82
First Poster
Options
Thanks so much for the help it doesn't show now nor does it make the notifications sounds either when restarting my phone.
0 Likes