Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Notifications system sound separated by SIM cards, why?

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 10:49 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Why is notification system sound separated by our sim cards? It makes no sense.Screenshot_20200408-024315_Settings.jpg

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Adi0: If you have different options set up for each SIM, with calls on one and texts on another for instance, then this feature is useful to differentiate between the two SIMs when notifications come through, as well as allowing you to set individual notification sounds to the network features on each SIM.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I'm sorry but I can't really understand it perfectly, could you give an example. :smiling-face:

Also, you can set up notifications sounds for SMS inside the messages app. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

What do you mean by the "network features"? 

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

It makes perfect sense as to why indiviual notifications can be set per sim.

I have 2 different sims, 2 different usages... I know which sim is ringing or getting a notification by the tone.

If you want the same tone on each sim, just set it up that way.. Not everyone is you and others want the option. I had a previous device that only used 1 tone and it was a source of many complaints. It affects you none if you want the same tone.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
OK, chill I've just asked.
What do you need notification sounds to be different tho in the 2 SIM cards? Could you please give me an example? :smiling-face:
0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

Did you read what I wrote at all, before asking me for an example? Hint: My example is right above   Try rereading my post again, this time using reading comprehension. I gave you a perfect reason and example already.

Very simply if you don't like different tones, just use the same tone. It's a set it and forget it situation anyhow.

Before telling others to chill, I think one should have grasp of things and not just complaining about everything under the sun on a daily basis.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Again, please chill, I've asked for the general system notification sound for both SIMS, not ringtone sound , what's the use of changing notifications for all apps in the general for separate SIMS? 

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

Once again, my example is the same for both ringtone and notification sound. Of which I have 2 different tones on both ringtone and notification..... Why do I do that? So I know which sim it is without even looking at the phone. I can decide by the tone that is going off on whether or not I wish to even look at it. I can also tell where the person is calling from as one is a U.S. Sim and the other a U.K Sim.

Is that a detailed enough explanation for Your Highness?

Seriously, you don't make any sense in about 75% of your postings. They're nothing but complainaing about goofy stuff.  How about complaining about the poor network coding, the poor rollouts of updates and when they do update they end up breaking 2 other things. That I could get behind, but all you do is seem to post to whine not even understanding what you're complaining about most of the time.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

But you didn't give me an example for the system notifications sounds: Screenshot_20200606-234702_Settings.jpg

I understand different ringtone and SMS, but why would you change whole system's notifications? Do you have multiple apps? 

0 Likes