Support

Open search

No Option to Personalise WhatsApp Notifications, Wake Up Samsung!

Highlighted

I have recently upgraded to an S10+ from the Note8, to my amazement there aren't any options to add personal rintone/notifications sounds to individual apps like messages or WhatsApp. Why Samsung, get a grip and sort out this feature!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Troubleshooter

You can add any sound to your WhatsApp notifications, or change ringtone. 

Look for folders / Notifications or / Ringtone place files in there and you will be able to select them as you sound.

My Files / Internal Storage / Notifications  or / Ringtones 

hope that helps.

Highlighted

I set mine up in WhatsApp settings then notifications. Screenshot_20190323-081844_WhatsApp.jpg

Highlighted

@Hackett wrote:

I set mine up in WhatsApp settings then notifications. Screenshot_20190323-081844_WhatsApp.jpg

Think if you read the question, they are looking to add personal notifications, not the stock one on the phone.

Highlighted

Ok I get you. 

Following now. 

Highlighted

Has there been any solution to this? I can set up the notification I want on Whatsapp. But not on Facebook, Messages, Email etc. Have been to phone settings and to the individual settings on each app, but it doesn't allow me to choose from my saved sounds on my phone. VERY FRUSTRATING, as I had individual sounds for my most common apps, so I knew by the sound what I had received and could either action or ignore based on that.... HELP....

Highlighted

@RobynC wrote:

Has there been any solution to this? I can set up the notification I want on Whatsapp. But not on Facebook, Messages, Email etc. Have been to phone settings and to the individual settings on each app, but it doesn't allow me to choose from my saved sounds on my phone. VERY FRUSTRATING, as I had individual sounds for my most common apps, so I knew by the sound what I had received and could either action or ignore based on that.... HELP....

Try!! Messages / Settings/ Notifications/ general notifications/Sound/ select the sound you require?? 

Highlighted
I use an app called holey light mate. Its spot on for all you notifications
Highlighted

1. @Hackett wrote:
    I use an app called holey light mate. Its spot on for all you notifications

Is this not just for LED lighting?? @RobynC   Is looking for sound notifications if I’m not mistaken by the post.

Highlighted

Hi I've tried to do that in What's app notifications but it reverts back to something else. Also since the upgrade of functions I am constantly being asked to change from messages to messenger.  Cheers

Top Liked Authors