Support

Open search

No more WhatsApp pop ups?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Got my shiny new galaxy s10 yesterday & gutted to find that WhatsApp pop ups no longer seem to be supported.. Anyone found a way round this? The usual option is shaded out & says its now unavailable.. Not happy, this was a really useful tool. Grateful for any help. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
@Sarebighair: This option isn't available on Android 10 in the Whatsapp app itself, however you can try going to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Show Notifications > On > Message Notifications > Show As Pop-Up > Toggle this option on. Let me know how you get on.
Highlighted

Hey Andrew thanks for that, unfortunately it doesn't work, WhatsApp just say that it is no longer available on newer phones. Seems a shame as it was very useful. The option has just disappeared. Screenshot_20200209-142926_WhatsApp.jpg

Highlighted
@Sarebighair: I know that this is true of the in-app notification settings, but were you able to check the steps above to see if it can be enabled in the phone's settings?
Highlighted

Hiya, I tried it but no luck unfortunately.. 

Highlighted

I'm too facing the same problem.. Why is this so that there is no pop up available 

Highlighted

Hello,

Place the whatsapp widget on your main page it will work similarly to the popup potification

Highlighted
online seems to appear only if you physically go onto WhatsApp or it's running in the background, that's what I have found
Top Liked Authors