Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Night mode no longer works in daytime?

(Topic created on: 27-04-2020 05:34 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Am I only experiencing this, but when the room is bright and there are no shadows, the camera doesn't wanna take night mode photos , but when there's a little bit of shadow it allows night mode. 

OneUI 2.1 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

Night mode needs to do less processing in brighter light, because it is already sufficiently bright, which is why it is quicker to take photos with night mode, when it's not actually dark. When it's dark, night mode needs to process a lot of colours, and brighten them, which is why it takes much longer.

Hope this clears up some confusion!

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

This may be because you have scheduled Dark Mode. To disable this, set Dark Mode to "always on".

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I'm so sorry, I was talking about night mode inside the camera app. 

0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

My apologies, I misunderstood you there. For the night mode, the camera function automatically turns on when it's darker. You can, of course, turn it on manually, and night mode can be found in the "MORE" option in the camera app, along with other modes.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Thanks, u mean this? Screenshot_20200507-133321_Camera.jpg

So, if I can explain it properly. 

When going to the night mode option for taking pictures while in a room with slight light, it doesn't work, it captures pictures fast like the regular mode . But if there's any shadow it works again. So is that new with OneUi 2.1? 

0 Likes
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options

Night mode needs to do less processing in brighter light, because it is already sufficiently bright, which is why it is quicker to take photos with night mode, when it's not actually dark. When it's dark, night mode needs to process a lot of colours, and brighten them, which is why it takes much longer.

Hope this clears up some confusion!