Support

Open search

New Update SMS Issue

Highlighted
First Poster

Ever since the new update any time I type out certain words like "today" and send it through text they get highlighted like an option to create a reminder for today. Is there any way to turn that off because it's absolutely obnoxious.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi @TXCountryBelle 

Does this show at your side or just at the receiver's side, or both? Are you able to send us a screen shot as we can't seem to replicate this?

Highlighted

20191102_112624.jpg

The "3pm" and "today" always get highlighted and if I select them it takes me to my reminders to create one. It seems like it's only on my side as the sender.

Highlighted

@TXCountryBelle wrote:

20191102_112624.jpg

The "3pm" and "today" always get highlighted and if I select them it takes me to my reminders to create one. It seems like it's only on my side as the sender.

Yup mine is doing it as well, it is beyond annoying..... it's somehow connected to the calendar and I can't find a way to shut this nonsense off.  I absolutely HATE Samsung Messenger but they've got the coding so screwed up I can't use Android Messenger as the second sim fails.

Whoever thought this was a good idea to do needs their head examined. I'm really beyond fed up with Samsung and their ridiculous "updates" of solutions in search of problems, failure to fix networking issues and the forced apps I neither use nor want that can not be uninstalled.

I mostly like google messages...if that helps. But it's google so you know they're tracking you, saving your data, making a clone droid of you in a parallel universe, etc...

Highlighted

@shortylavender wrote:

I mostly like google messages...if that helps. But it's google so you know they're tracking you, saving your data, making a clone droid of you in a parallel universe, etc...

I prefer Android Messenger as well, however can't get Sim2 to send using Android Messenger so stuck with this subpar messenger from Samsung until Google fixes their app.

Highlighted

Just wondering if anyone resolved the issue at hand?  I thought this was my own anomalie.  The words that are highlighted on my text are  "today, tomorrow, yesterday and any time AM or PM.  It is totally annoying.

Top Liked Authors