Support

Open search

Messages Font Size on S10

Highlighted
First Poster

In the settings on my phone, my font size is set to one line to the right of center.  All of the fonts in my display and apps are fine except for some reason when I am in a text message the font is GIANT.  The main screen when I enter messages that displays the list of all of the messages that I have is normal.  It is only when I go into a text message.  I can't find any way to fix this.  The only way I can get the text messages to look normal is to reduce the font on my phone in settings to the smallest option all the way to the left.  When I do this it makes the rest of the font on my phone microscopic.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

And how to reset to default size? I need that. How can I reset message settings?

Highlighted
Me too! Lol
Highlighted
Thanks! Totally worked! Was so confused about why the font on only 1 app got so big lol. PINCH! 😄
Highlighted
Thanks, my messages were stuck super small and nothing else I tried fixed it. Who would have thought a pinch to zoom would fix it.
Highlighted
Font size on my messages has become giant. Using the font size adjustment bar reduces the size on ALL TEXT not just messages!
Highlighted
@jo551: If you pinch the screen (place thumb and forefinger on screen and bring them together), this will reduce the font size in the messages app.
Highlighted

Thanks for this - had me stumped and the answer was so easy - pinched and now its perfect!!

Highlighted

To do a reset to the original you have the clear the data on the Messages app. However, that could also reset your other settings on the Messages app so check your settings after that. This is if you want the text to be reset to the exact size to match the rest of your phone, because pinch to zoom is incremental so it may be slightly different sized if you pinch it.

Top Liked Authors