Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

LED cover music player shows when no music app is open

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 04:43 PM)
icie
Journeyman
Options

I'm having issues with the LED cover music player after the android update (some other people have noted having issues with it in another thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Is-it-possible-to-disable-music-contr....)

If I don't open any music players everything operates as it did and should, but if I open a music playing app (spotify, podcast addict, etc.) play something, and then close the application, the cover still displays the music controls, and will re-open the app if the controls are touched which is very very irritating.

Is this a ""feature"" or a bug?

Some options for "fixing" this have been noted as:

• Turn off notifications for music apps
    • Not an option as I do want the controls when I am actually playing music.
  • Force stop the LED cover app after closing music apps
    • This should not be necessary and would also be frustrating.
  • Take off and put back on the cover after closing music apps
    • Frustrating and tricky as the case is well fitted.

Very disappointed in this. I'd been underwhelmed by the support/functionality for the case previously but it did the job to a reasonable level. This is no longer a reasonable level.

30 REPLIES 30
icie
Journeyman
Options

No dice, unfortunately.

Just crossing my fingers for that update to be released here sooner rather than later 😞

Jazzy1
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem ie Music player stayed on after LED case was closed. What you need to do is simply close the app via the bottom left button (close app) button and the LED will no longer show the music tab, just the clock.

0 Likes
icie
Journeyman
Options
I assure you, I have tried that.
0 Likes
Jazzy1
First Poster
Options

Works for me everytime.

0 Likes
JpStigza
Student
Options

@icie wrote:
Rats, guess I'm stuck waiting then. Thanks!

Same here.

0 Likes
JpStigza
Student
Options

@Bas10plus wrote:

I think I may have found an easy fix. I have this problem when using the Samsung music app. I've noticed that if I first pause the song I'm listening to and then close the app, the music controls get stuck on the Led View Cover. But if I close it while the song is still playing, the music controls close too. It works after it's already stuck as well. Just press play, close while the song is playing, and the music controls disappear. I haven't tried it with other apps.

Works with Samsung music but not for Spotify

0 Likes
Ubermusli
First Poster
Options

I am shocked that this actually worked. Thank you, so much! 

0 Likes
AliSoufan
Student
Options
i had the same issue ...
just happens after the first of July update
0 Likes
T1m
First Poster
Options

Just purchased the Samsung LED cover for my new S10+, and Spotify is hangoing onto the LED cover alerts, 12/08/2019.

The only way I can see, is to remove the phone from the cover...very impractical and fustrating.

0 Likes
Solution
icie
Journeyman
Options

Just got the software update which seems to have fixed the issue.

A month and a half of pure frustration. Lovely. Really unimpressed with this, honestly, but at least it's better now.

0 Likes