Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Last update : dual messenger broken

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 09:13 PM)
CvAl92
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Since I updated to the latest build G975FXXU3ASJD, the dual messenger feature broke.

When I enable it for WhatsApp or any other app, I cannot launch the app as it crashes right away, same when I want to get the app info from the settings - > apps, I search for the app, click on it then I get "setting keeps crashing"

I've tried rebooting, disabling and enabling the dual messenger.. Nothing works.

Any help is appreciated 

Thank you

0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
maffeis
Student
Options

I tried the soft reset but wtill WhatsApp duel messenger won't start, it crashes immediately. Or how did you do the reset?

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Have you tried clearing that cache of dual messenger?

Settings>apps>(3 Dots on top right)show system apps>dual messenger>clear cache>restart device.

Tip: from the settings homepage, click the search icon on top and type (dual messenger) you should see a mostly red app icon that will get you to the apps info page faster.

maffeis
Student
Options

clear cache & restart device has solved the issue, thank you very much!

Null7
Student
Options

I only have one app appearing in dual messenger which is WeChat all other apps are not appearing there, my phone came without google apps preinstalled.

0 Likes
AntonioM-CY
First Poster
Options

I have noticed also a lot of problems qith the Dual Messenger and I think this is since the last update.

I cannon chose which app to open to change any notification or ringtone.

I cannot see the custom notifications except the viber notification.

Inconstantly move the app in a specific folder and it always return back to be main app page.

And this happens with all dual messenger apps ( whatsapp, viber, facebook, wechat).

All the other apps work without any problem, for me is an indicator that the problem is with the dual messenger.

In have tried sort restart, clear cache, remove and reinstall dual apps, nothing helped.

Any support from Samsung ir anyone any idea how to resolve this?

0 Likes
espertoBram
First Poster
Options

Experiencing the same with this Dual Messenger
sudddenly my WhatsApp (that I choose to be Dual Messenger) stop doing these things :

• Add sticker to favorite (whenever I add this to favorite, just open my favorite sticker page, but it does nothing)
  • Taking picture / video from camera button in-app chat (said the format not supported) - this is really funny because I'm using the WhatsApp itself to take the picture / video but said the format is not supported.

Really need Samsung Team to look at it.

0 Likes
Members_T7I8Nbl
First Poster
Options

Same problems and more, all media from whatsapp gallery is broken.

0 Likes