Support

Open search

Landscape wallpaper zooming

Highlighted
First Poster

With lock and homescreen landscape orientation enabled, when I rotate the device to landscape, the wallpaper zooms in (obviously this is necessary to crop it to the screen dimensions).

However it zooms quite randomly and stubbornly; I have a figure as my wallpaper and it looks great in portrait. In landscape though it zooms in on the crotch. So I even tried editing the wallpaper so the figure is smaller and located differently, thinking that the middle of the image will be zoomed in - no it zooms in on the exact same part of the crotch (despite it being in a different place) 

It seems to zoom in a different place for different images

Is there a way to customise how this zoom occurs or even set a different wallpaper as the landscape option? Even having a landscape image as the landscape orientation and the same image scrollable in portrait would be good. 

I've tried downloading several aps but none work (possibly incompatible with one Ui? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
@Ruzhyo: I've had a look into this and it appears that images from the Gallery app, when applied as your Home Screen Wallpaper, will zoom in when you flip the screen to landscape. Sadly, there's no way of customising this in the settings, and it seems to be an unforeseen issue. This issue doesn't affect wallpapers from the Store (My Wallpapers) though, if that helps.. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply 

That's a shame. Are there any workarounds or alternatives? 

Maybe a later update will fix this or fix the apps that provide it. Am I right in saying one ui doesn't support scrolling wallpaper either?

Highlighted

Hi, I have faced the same problem. My way of solving it was to install PicsArt. Once you select your picture in PicsArt, select the "FIT" icon at the bottom scroll-bar. Your picture will appear in a white box, and you can pinch your picture to make it smaller. Next you can choose the color of the box ( I normally choose black). Then save into your Gallery. Open the picture in Gallery and set to Wallpaper. Because your actual picture is only a small part of the entire picture file, it does not expand to the edges....

Hope this works for you...

Highlighted

Wouldnt this end up with half the portrait wallpaper being blank? That would drive me crazy! 

Appreciate the reply though and apologies if I'm misunderstanding you 

Highlighted

This is seriously annoying and was not a problem on older samsungs.

Im tring to make my screen a pic if my car and its all zoomed and looks like *****.

Ive been messing with this for over an hour, this is some weak Apple bs. Samsung is usally better then this. Fix it.

Seriously??

Highlighted

@Ruzhyo wrote:

With lock and homescreen landscape orientation enabled, when I rotate the device to landscape, the wallpaper zooms in (obviously this is necessary to crop it to the screen dimensions).

However it zooms quite randomly and stubbornly; I have a figure as my wallpaper and it looks great in portrait. In landscape though it zooms in on the crotch. So I even tried editing the wallpaper so the figure is smaller and located differently, thinking that the middle of the image will be zoomed in - no it zooms in on the exact same part of the crotch (despite it being in a different place) 

It seems to zoom in a different place for different images

Is there a way to customise how this zoom occurs or even set a different wallpaper as the landscape option? Even having a landscape image as the landscape orientation and the same image scrollable in portrait would be good. 

I've tried downloading several aps but none work (possibly incompatible with one Ui? 

5 months later still an occurring problem even with s20 plus, seriously Samsung, 

Top Liked Authors