Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keypad and DTMF tones not working during a call

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 11:06 AM)
taffw
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and it seems to be upto date with all software. basically during a call the keypad and DTMF tones don't work, so when i'm through to say a call centre when it says please enter option 1 or 2 etc, it doesn't register at all so very frustrating. I did a chat with Samsung and tried all the things he suggested but nothing. He then said well you will have to contact our Samsung Web developers !! which is frankly quite dissappointing. It still isn't fixed and means I can't do thing like contact my bank or enter payment details during a call. I've come over from Apple and so far not impressed at all. Does anybody have the same issues or any suggestions. i'm on Vodafone. This to me is basic called but it doesn't seem to work or is my phone faulty?

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
Jason30
First Poster
Options

Thank you.  That worked for me as well!!!

0 Likes
DeanoPerfetto
Student
Options

Niether of these things have solved my problem.

My relatives switched phone brands because of it 

This is rubbish service for what they charge. 

Shocking

0 Likes
SuperSize66
Student
Options

Hello Moderator, did you get the information from this thread to take to Samsung direct?

0 Likes
BBR2
First Poster
Options

I have an S9 plus.  Didn’t work for me.  So far, short of complete reset, nothing has worked.  Still have monotone after call is made. Never had this problem with my past 2 iPhones ( iPhone 5 and the old SE).

0 Likes
49CAN
Apprentice
Options

Other thing you can try, go to: Settings / Applications / Phone / Storage - clear cache.

A bit clunky but better than a reset.

I hope that helps.

And @Samsung - get a grip and fix this please!!

MrCyberdude
First Poster
Options

Same issue with the Samsung Galaxy S10+5G in Australia.
As the OP posted plus there is also the issue that the DTMF tones do not play when holding the number down.

The tones are only made for a short time.

Samsung needs to fix the software and allow the DTMF tones to sound for as long as the button is held.

0 Likes
DannyO1
First Poster
Options

Tried everything. Still no success, please advise. 

Thanks

Daniel

0 Likes
LizGB
First Poster
Options
I have this problem. Cannot call my mobile phone provider or any other telephone support service because the in-call dial tones for choosing menu options, inputing account numbers etc doesn't work with my new Samsung s10. I've switched on dial tones, restarted phone. Problem not solved. This is a very annoying problem.
0 Likes
49CAN
Apprentice
Options

To summarise, there's two actions that have worked for me:

1) Tap on all apps (three vertical bars bottom left of the home screen), scroll to the phone app, swipe up. Seems that restarts the app and DTMF tones then usually work for a while)

2) Go to: Settings / Applications / Phone / Storage - clear cache.

I hope that helps.

SimonWebster
First Poster
Options

Try turning system volume up to full - worked for me

0 Likes