Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keypad and DTMF tones not working during a call

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 08:58 PM)
taffw
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and it seems to be upto date with all software. basically during a call the keypad and DTMF tones don't work, so when i'm through to say a call centre when it says please enter option 1 or 2 etc, it doesn't register at all so very frustrating. I did a chat with Samsung and tried all the things he suggested but nothing. He then said well you will have to contact our Samsung Web developers !! which is frankly quite dissappointing. It still isn't fixed and means I can't do thing like contact my bank or enter payment details during a call. I've come over from Apple and so far not impressed at all. Does anybody have the same issues or any suggestions. i'm on Vodafone. This to me is basic called but it doesn't seem to work or is my phone faulty?

79 REPLIES 79
Shannon4
First Poster
Options

+1 I have the same issue at my condo complex, I recieve the call just fine (the call is not being blocked by the spam filter) but the DTMF tones are so short, that the gate does not register them. I had a Samsung Galaxy 7 up until about a week ago which worked fine. As soon as I got a Galaxy 10 Note + (which just came out) I started seeing this issue. Please help!

0 Likes
Boppy
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had this problem as well with my Samsung Galaxy S10+.

It appeared intermittent but then I realised it was dependent on if I had "Do not disturb" set on or off.

I am guessing that since a recent patch that having this setting on is interfering with the dial-tones when it shouldn't.

Anyway, in case this is the root of the cause for other people - try turning "Do not disturb" off as another possible solution.

JoJo1179
Student
Options

After having my phone for a while I can confirm that no setting makes a difference. I can make a call and it not work, make the same call again changing no settings a minute later for it to work. I have concluded that my phone has it's own emotional issues and works when it feels like it. 

mh297
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with an S10e in that DTMF tones work intermittently.  I've tried selecting 'Dialling keypad tone' on and off, the tones are occasionally present in either condition.  Volume settings (system or ringtone) make no difference.  I've tried all the other similarly implausible solutions in this tread, to no avail.  Amusingly, I've being trying to contact the police and can't get past the automation system due to this frustrating bug.  Is there a solution yet?

0 Likes
DavidDwyer
First Poster
Options
Thank you! This was driving me mad haha
0 Likes
Holloway1902
Student
Options

Go and download another phone app it will ask i if you want to make it your default except then go back to the original phone app click on it it will then ask if you would like  it to be your default except .i had the same above problem it seems to work fine now.

0 Likes
Elainea
Student
Options

I have a new samsung s10 note plus and have the same problem. I had the same issue with my samsung s8 note and Vodafone advised me to change the phone. I guess it must be a software issue but for a business phone it's a non starter for dial in conferences.

0 Likes
Elainea
Student
Options
  • I've also tried the fixes on this thread and none work
0 Likes
Holloway1902
Student
Options

Go into playstore find another phone app, install it and it will ask for permissions at the end it will ask you if you want it as your default say yes then go back to your original phone app and go through the permissins until it yet again says do you want it as your default select yes i would say you can now unistall the phone app u downloaded and then see if it works i tried voicemail so you can select numbers i did this and my phone has worked every time hope it helps, say if it works 

0 Likes