Support

Open search

Keyboard Suggestions in the wrong language

Highlighted

Hi,

Yesterday my phone updated and since then the keyboard has been messing up. I used to have 3 keyboards, UK English as my primary, and in addition French (FR) and Polish. In the past, I would swipe the space bar to change the language I was typing in and the suggested words and autocorrect reflected this.

Now - I can switch keyboard languages but the suggestions and autocorrect seems to just guess/assume what language I'm typing in and go with that which is extremely annoying since when im trying to type in English and for instance, I start typing with a word that also exists in French, the system assumes the entire sentence is French etc.

Im sure to someone this could be useful, but to me it is annoying. I tried to find a solution in the settings but nothing seems to reflect this, I can only turn off suggestions and autocorrect entirely which I don't want to do. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Voyager

hi @Burned 

I suppose you are using the Samsung keyboard 

just give it a clear data then retry please

Settings > Apps > tap the three dots > tap Show system apps > tap the Samsung keyboard > tap Storage > tap Clear data

thanks ☺

Highlighted

Hi, I'm having the same issue but doing what you suggested hasn't solved it. I'm still getting suggestions in another language and it is really getting annoying. Any other suggestion?

I'm using the Samsung keyboard on android 10. It was fine before the previous update 

Highlighted

I have the same issue here. It is very difficult to type now.

The predicted common phrases are also with problem. The sequence of words is not working.

Do you know how to roll this update back?

Highlighted

After an OS update I'm also seeing this problem. Now the Samsung keyboard suggests words in both English and Spanish regardless of which language I have set on the space bar. I don't want this, as the predictions were already nonsensical enough even when they were in a single language.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have Samsung keyboards in English, French, and German, and yet when the keyboard is set to English, most of the suggestions that appear are in French.

I use the Swype function. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I look in Settings/Apps, there are two versions of Samsung Keyboard. One is regular, and the other is called "Samsung Keyboard (Deprecated)".

Neither one gives the option to Clear Data.

Highlighted
I also have this problem. I use the English and French Samsung keyboard on my S10, and the predictions appear in both languages, so that although I am using the English keyboard, it will still predict French words. It is very confusing. I also find that the keyboards also swipe to another language far too easily, which keeps changing between qwerty and azerty keyboards in mid-word inadvertently. It is very frustrating...
Highlighted
Observer

Yes, this is extremely frustrating! Especially if you use multiple scripts

Highlighted
First Poster

I have English (US), French (CA), Ukrainian, and Russian keyboards installed. And most of the time, my predictive text is in French. It's very annoying. I'm also looking for a solution.

Highlighted

This is exactly my problem as well on my new note 20, it worked fine on my note 10. For some reason now, i no longer have the swipe to the other language, its just both on 1. English US, and Norwegian. It's so annoying when I'm typing to different people who either use english or norwegian. Please fix this ....

Top Liked Authors