Support

Open search

Is This Samsung EP-N5100 Wireless Charger Stand Genuine?

Highlighted
Apprentice

My apologies if this is the incorrect place to post this. Please remove it if this is the case.

I recently purchased a Samsung EP-N5100 Wireless Charger Stand to complement my Samsung Galaxy S10+ from a seller on eBay.co.uk. When the item arrived I had my suspicions that is was fake. These centred on the following reasons:

1. Spelling mistakes on the back of the box. (please see attached picture)

2. Small quick start guide, that only came in English. Other Samsung quick start guides have tended to be larger and contain multiple languages. (please see attached picture)

3. Difficulty finding the sweet spot on the charger to commence charging.

4. The general feel and appearance of the charger.

Box (back) with spelling mistakes highlightedBox (back) with spelling mistakes highlighted

Box (front)  & ChargerBox (front) & Charger

Box (front)Box (front)

Box (label)Box (label)

Charger (bottom)Charger (bottom)

Quick Start Guide (front foldout)Quick Start Guide (front foldout)

I'm really looking for any advice before I go back to the seller. Thank you for looking.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok so Samsung wouldn't have spelling mistakes on their retail packaging @Gruntos 

When you turn on fast charging in your phones settings and then place it on the charger do you hear the faint humming of the fan ?

I once bought one and it was very light and even though it had the air vents on the back there was no fan !

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Hello BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for responding.

When I place the phone of the EP-N5100 Wireless Charger, there is a noise that suggests a fan is present. However you don't get the sensation that it is actually cooling anything.

I've got another Samsung Wireless Charger, EP-PG950. The fan on this model is much quieter and you can feel it cooling the charger.

Highlighted

Doesn't look good in my opinion @Gruntos 

Current Phone ~

Highlighted

@Gruntos: It's difficult to verify the authenticity based on the images. The model number and serial number are valid, and the serial number on the bottom of the charger matches the one printed on the label/packaging, which would suggest that it's authentic, but this isn't a given. if you're concerned, I'd recommend returning it to the seller, and purchasing a replacement from a reputable retailer for peace of mind.

Highlighted

Yours looks like it could be a fake to me! There wouldn't be any spelling mistakes on the retail box and your label looks different to the one I bought from Argos on Sun, 4 Aug 2019.

I have attached a photo of the underneath of mine:

20200709_190717.jpg

Compare them yourself:

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 19.34.17.png

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung S10+ 128Gb > Model: SM-G975F. Samsung One Ui 2.5 / Android 10.

Samsung Galaxy Watch3 > Model: SM-R840.
Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Highlighted

May I ask what avenue your thinking of taking @Gruntos  ?

It seems to me your gut feeling on this is to be wary.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted

Dear All,

Many thanks for all the responses.

I had my suspicions from the start that the charger I received from the seller on eBay.co.uk wasn't a genuine Samsung wireless charger. These suspicions were primarily aroused by the generally feeling and appearance of the charger and the spelling mistakes on the outer packaging. They've been further reinforced by the responses to the post on this forum.

I believe my sole course of action now is to contact the eBay seller I bought this item off and seek a refund.

Highlighted

Totally understand and agree @Gruntos 

After my experience via buying one of my chargers from a Highstreet Store in the UK that buys and sells used items and that being fake I now only buy mine from Samsung.

Take care.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice

Dear All,

I just wanted to updated you on the situation regarding the charger.

After raising the issue with the seller without getting a response I contacted eBay, to be informed that as it was outside the 60 day return window they couldn't take any action. I would need to raise a dispute on PayPal.

As suggested I raised a dispute on PayPal and earlier this week I was informed that they had found in my favour. A refund has now been issued.

Many thanks to everyone that responded to my post on the forum. The picture you posted was very helpful WelshPaul.

A salutary lesson learned I think of purchasing items such as this on eBay.

Top Liked Authors