Support

Open search

Improved Focus Mode for Work Time

Highlighted
First Poster

During the pandemic, I have been working from home and it seems it will stay this way for quite some time. At times it can be difficult to stay focused in the home environment, but I then discovered "Focus Mode" on my Galaxy S10e and have setup a schedule for it to automatically turn on every work day. For the most part - it has been awesome! However, if I absolutely need to check something that involves an app that is locked during focus mode, I have to shut off the feature and then turn it back on again manually. This is fine, but we all know how we can get sucked down a rabbit hole of distractions if we turn our phones on to check one quick thing. SO - can we add a "snooze" feature to the focus mode? Is it possible to snooze it for 5 minutes (or 10 or 20 or whatever you think you need) and then once the time is up, the focus mode automatically turns back on? Also, could we set a limit on the number of times you can "snooze" focus mode? Perhaps I only want to allow myself 3 snoozes per day at 5 minutes each for example.

The Snooze feature could be to snooze the entire focus mode feature, or perhaps just allow the app that you usually have blocked - either way, it would be great to have a timer for it to kick back on to help stay on track during work time

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Navigator
This is only an idea but could a Bixby routine do it?
Highlighted
First Poster

How did you schedule focus mode? I'm trying to restrict social media for most of the day but I can't find anywhere to schedule it!! 

Top Liked Authors