Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I am dense as they come to video recording and desire tips to reduce editing and to have the right aspect settings

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 06:42 PM)
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

Please use keywords if needed, as to how YOU record videos that with record and not require hours of editing for the video not to show box bars on each side of the video.

Do you set aspect screen ratio to ? and do I need to record in landscape or portrait.

Forgive me for seeming ignorant to videos. 

Photos are no issue to me.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@StellarTraveler: Check out the steps below and hopefully I've covered all the things you're having difficulty with.
1. Open the Camera app > Swipe anywhere on the screen so 'Video' is highlighted with a white circle at the bottom. A red dot should appear inside the 'capture' button to show that you've done this correctly.
2. At the top of the screen, look for the aspect ratio (second symbol from the right), tap the option and you will see the following choices: 9:16, 1:1 and Full. Select Full.
3. Tap the circle with the red dot at the bottom to start recording. To stop, press it again.

Now, if you record a video with the phone upright in Portrait mode you will need to watch it back in Portrait, otherwise you will get the black bars at either side of the image. With this in mind, if you were wanting to view your videos on a TV then please record in Landscape mode (with the phone on it's side) so the resulting video plays full screen. Otherwise please keep in mind that full screen playback on the phone will depend on which mode the video was originally captured in. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@StellarTraveler: Check out the steps below and hopefully I've covered all the things you're having difficulty with.
1. Open the Camera app > Swipe anywhere on the screen so 'Video' is highlighted with a white circle at the bottom. A red dot should appear inside the 'capture' button to show that you've done this correctly.
2. At the top of the screen, look for the aspect ratio (second symbol from the right), tap the option and you will see the following choices: 9:16, 1:1 and Full. Select Full.
3. Tap the circle with the red dot at the bottom to start recording. To stop, press it again.

Now, if you record a video with the phone upright in Portrait mode you will need to watch it back in Portrait, otherwise you will get the black bars at either side of the image. With this in mind, if you were wanting to view your videos on a TV then please record in Landscape mode (with the phone on it's side) so the resulting video plays full screen. Otherwise please keep in mind that full screen playback on the phone will depend on which mode the video was originally captured in. Hope this helps.

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you thus far moderator, and others will as I m confident, suggest further additions other than what you suggested, in directions. That thus far is 70 percent of my goals needs. The tricky part is all the resolutioin settings and what best to use and when. As you infered the 9:16, 1:1 and Full, I hope additionally to have a few more suggestions from others as to when to use what and when in ratios in conjunction with varying resolutions on rear camera.

I am not a selfie shooting person. I see me every day in the mirror.

0 Likes