Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a wallpaper?

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 08:30 AM)
Rhak
Student
Options

I am amazed at how unnecessarily complex the wallpaper settings are on my S10. Then again, it might just be me not seeing the forest for the trees.

I downloaded a couple of wallpapers and moved them to a specific folder which I named "Wallpapers".

Now I go to "Settings" -> "Wallpaper" -> "Gallery" -> select the album and check all the wallpapers -> I get to choose one(!) image with a button on the bottom of the screen saying "Set on Lock Screen". Uh, no, I don't want to set my lock screen, I want to set my wallpaper, that's kind of why I clicked "Wallpaper". 

From the same wallpaper menu I can also click "My wallpapers" instead of "Gallery" but there I can only set stock images, none of my downloaded images show up under "Downloaded" which is a mystery in and of itself.

Can someone please explain to me how to set a simple wallpaper for my phone? A quick Google search only came up with answers for older versions where the menu structure doesn't match my current version of the OS.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips! :smiling-face:

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rhak
Student
Options

I guess I found it. You have to go to "Gallery", select an image and then select "Set as Wallpaper" from the menu.

And I guess a dynamic wallpaper is too much to ask as well, considering we're in 2020 and dynamic lock-screens are a thing...?

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Rhak
Student
Options

I guess I found it. You have to go to "Gallery", select an image and then select "Set as Wallpaper" from the menu.

And I guess a dynamic wallpaper is too much to ask as well, considering we're in 2020 and dynamic lock-screens are a thing...?

0 Likes