Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to pair Galaxy Buds with a MacBook Air (Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra)

(Topic created on: 09-04-2019 02:23 PM)
sablet
Apprentice
Options

Received my free Galaxy Buds today (claim verified 14 March, delivered 9 April).

Paired succcessfully with S10+ and listened to music on the Buds.  All is good.

Looking how to pair with my MacBook Air.  In the Bluetooth section on the MacBook Air it does show the Buds while searching.  I have also turned BlueTooth off then on, etc. but that doesn't acheive anything.  I can't see any switch/button on the Buds or case to toogle identification. 

Previously, I have successfully paired my MacBook Air with my S10+.

Can I use the Buds to listen to music, streaming, podcasts, etc. on my MacBook Air? If so, can someone explain how this is achieved?

0 Likes
Go to solution
32 REPLIES 32
TBJs
First Poster
Options
many thanks
0 Likes
venkat4541
First Poster
Options

@ulamk wrote:

Perfect! Worked for me.

Turned Btooth off on my phone

Closed the case

Turned Btooth off on my Mac

Turned on

Opened case

Tadaaa!

Thanks!!! I was going crazy to get it back to pair with my Mac.

0 Likes
celenaurias
First Poster
Options
Yes! This solved everything. Wow.
0 Likes
First Poster
Options
This worked for me. Simple & Quick!
0 Likes
Onlyg_m1
First Poster
Options

This worked beautifully

TinaOnline
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much, as soon as i switched off my phone, my mac was able to pair my wireless earphones. It took me almost all day looking for answers, but your reply sorted me out instantly!!! 

0 Likes
ALLI22
First Poster
Options

what is the dowload called?

0 Likes
BrettDavid
Student
Options

What Worked for me.  (Mac OS Majave 10.14.6)

Turned Btooth off on my phone

Turned Btooth off on my Mac

TurnedBtooth back on (on) my Mac

Open Preferences

Scanned Devices - and "there they were "Galaxy Buds (4900)"  "super happy" :smiling-face: 

Thanks to "Ulamk" (but the open and close of case is not required here)

P.S. Did you know you can increase ambient/background sound in your buds? Go to phone settings to do that (magic).

0 Likes
wcraigcarter
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Do you have the name of the application you downloaded to pair the earbuds to a MacBook? I can't find anything like that.

Thank you,

0 Likes
BrettDavid
Student
Options

I am using macbook air. There is no third party app for connection of the buds. Once fully charged and activated (place in your ears to activate) the buds should then be visible in your computer "blue tooth" options / settings. I note some of the functionality of the buds is missing when connected to mac (i.e. ambient / background sound is not available). However the volume setting and pause options are all good. Hope this helps - your buds should be visible in blue tooth options - if not - follow the proceedure set out in previous post.

Ngā mihi Brett

0 Likes