Support

Open search

How to lower my samsung s10 plus camera flash light

Highlighted
Apprentice

I want to lower the brightness of the flashlight from my camera flashlight. I know how you can do it with the normal flashlight but I want to lower the brightness from my camera flashlight. If I film someone with my flash on it looks like everyone is going blind. I can't find anybody else with this problem so am I the only one that has this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @Niv. Just had a look and the light cannot be adjusted for the camera flash. It's a good idea though and I'll pass it on to our R&D. 

Highlighted

thanks because every time I take a video/photo with the flash on everybody looks like this:
bright.png

Highlighted

Hello. 

Native flashlight app already supports the control of light strength.
you can find the control bar if you touch the letter of flashlight in notification bar.

Thank you.

Highlighted

If you want to control the flash strength when you take picture with flash.

The flash light strength is tunned for optimal capture quality.  The strenth can not be controlled.

If you want to take picture with the optimal quality, I recommend that you use the defined flash for camera scenrario.

But I said upper reply.. 

Native flashlight app already supports the control of light strength.
you can find the control bar if you touch the letter of flashlight in notification bar.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Oke jammer

Highlighted

Guys, seem that you don't know some basics.

Taking picture of a person during night, who is a meter away is completely different thant when that person is e.g. 5 meters away.

Your app cannot measure anything - only I can do that right, after a few tries, by varying flash output.

This feature was working before, but you killed it.

Without it, taking pictures of people when going out in the evening is impossible.

You got my money after 10 years again. Since you are still just the marketing company, not a real customer and engineering oriented company, it will be another 10 years before I try another Samsung phone.

This is not just some feature missing. Your phones are full of these omissions.

Highlighted

@uzevla: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding this matter. As an alternative approach you may wish to consider Night Mode, accessible by opening the Camera app, swiping to 'More' and selecting 'Night Mode' from the series of options. Night mode uses multi-frame processing to combine 30 images into one clear photo. The extra light captured by the phone's camera sensors will help your photos appear bright and enhanced, and may go some way to improving your experience when capturing images in low light conditions .

Top Liked Authors