Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot S10

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 09:42 AM)
F6670
Explorer
Options

Can I use my S10+ as a mobile hotspot for a Apple iPad? I have tried with a friends iPad but it won't connect? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@F6670: Once you have set up the S10 as a Mobile Hotspot there shouldn't be any restrictions as to what device you connect to it. If you go to: Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Allowed Devices > Makes sure that 'Allowed Devices Only' is deactivated > Back > Configure Mobile Hotspot, make sure that 'Hide My Device' is unticked, then scroll down and select Show Advanced Options > Use 5Ghz Band When Available. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@F6670: Once you have set up the S10 as a Mobile Hotspot there shouldn't be any restrictions as to what device you connect to it. If you go to: Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Allowed Devices > Makes sure that 'Allowed Devices Only' is deactivated > Back > Configure Mobile Hotspot, make sure that 'Hide My Device' is unticked, then scroll down and select Show Advanced Options > Use 5Ghz Band When Available. Hope this helps.
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Yes @AndrewL is right, sometimes I am using my S10 with my IPhone 11pro or before IPhone7 Plus.
So there shouldn't be any problems.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
F6670
Explorer
Options
Thanks I'll give it ago tonight 👍
F6670
Explorer
Options
Excellent works fine thank you AndrewL
Vandre