Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen disappeared

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 06:16 PM)
Herefordblade1
Student
Options

Put my phone  S10 to charge on wireless charger. Over night. Checked for updates and turned itself on and off. When I unlocked it all my apps on Home screen vanished. They were still on main app pages. Very strange never happened before. Any ideas !!!!

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Herefordblade1 wrote:

Put my phone  S10 to charge on wireless charger. Over night. Checked for updates and turned itself on and off. When I unlocked it all my apps on Home screen vanished. They were still on main app pages. Very strange never happened before. Any ideas !!!!

Wipe the cache partition.

Solution
Herefordblade1
Student
Options
Thank. I give it a try
(1)
DavidBally
Apprentice
Options

From Canada.  I was in the US for a month.  Phone worked fine.

Just returned to Canada.  Rebooted my phone upon landing at the airport and all of my Home Screens Apps are gone.  Same amount of Home pages that auto add when I bought the phone and as used on my last phone (Samsung S7) but all of them blank.  

All of the Apps can still be accessed via the App button but just none on the Home Pages.  I can add an App from the button to the Home Screen if I want.

I am searching around for answers.  Saw the 'Solution" in this forum.  Tried it, but to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

David

(1)
TXannie
First Poster
Options

Yep.  The latest software update was pushed to my phone...even though I kept saying no.  Then, when it powered up, like you, all of my screen apps were no longer visible.   

I tried the cache reset, but it did not bring my apps back to the screen.   I have SOOOOO not liked the s10e.   I have been a galaxy user for years...so I hope they get something fixed at home office so that push updates are thoroughly tested.  #notagalaxyfanrightnow

RandyM
Student
Options

All my homescreen apps disappeared after a software update.  I looked everywhere and couldn't resolve it. Went to Best Buy geeks and they said there was no way and to just move over the apps from the saved area.  Well, today I found it. Go to settings, then Accounts and Backup, then Backup and Restore, then Restore Data. That is where my Homescreen as well as other items were. When I hit restore all of my homescreen apps were back in place again. So much for Best Buy and Verizon rep trying to help me.

Debbie23
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! That fixed it. I really hate these software updates. Sometimes happens every time!

DavidBally
Apprentice
Options

I guess I should have updated my own post that I did end up using the Backup and Restore function to get a work around for this problem.

I do NOT call this a solution as we all know it is a 'backup' step and is only as good as your last Restore point created.

For me, I was still missing a few Apps as I had added them post the last Restore, but I was able to manually re-add them.

So, I would disagree in calling this problems 'Solved".  It is a good reminder to everyone to do backups regularly so you can restore back, if needed if there is not a proper fix.

0 Likes
humansusan
First Poster
Options
Thank you a million times!! Worked!!
0 Likes
LouB1
First Poster
Options

This worked for me.  Thanks for the info.

0 Likes