Support

Open search

Galaxy S10e (EU SIM Only)

Highlighted
Explorer

I just purchased an unlocked Galaxy S10e phone and just noticed on the box that it reads European SIM Card Only

I asked the guy who sold me the phone  that will it work with any SIM if I travel internationally, and he said yes, sure, of course.  The store is a pretty reputable one in my country in Europe. 

Anyways, previous to the S10e, I owned a Galaxy S9 using the same SIM card and I just placed the same SIM card from my S9 to the S10e and works great. 

Question is, do I need to make the same 5-10 minute calls using the same SIM card that was in my S9 using my current S10e phone? I know I had made numerous calls using my SIM from my old S9 and I assume it has passed the needed minutes for it to be used elsewhere abroad.  

So if I travel to the US, I cannot use a US SIM card on my new S10e since it says European SIM Card Only

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

Hello,

you have to repeat the operation for the brand new Galaxy S10e. At least 5 minutes of incoming calls (I suggest you to do more than one call and more than 5 minutes, to be sure) the phone unlocks for Extra EU SIM. 

It would be right using local SIM and not in Roaming if you can.

Let us know if you have other problems.

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
:white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2020 - Benvenuto Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Highlighted

I can use my landline phone to call my S10e and then use the S10e to call my landline phone using the same local country SIM card. Would this be OK or do I need have incoming calls only from another mobile phone?

So your saying I cannot use a US SIM card when I travel to the US? 

Highlighted

Yes, using call operation with local SIM card should unlock Galaxy S10e for using Extra Europe SIM cards.

Focus more on outgoing calls from S10e to others mobile phones.

As the device gets unlocked, you can use also US Sim cards.

To discover if it is unlocked, you should try inserting the US Sim Card. If it is not unlocked it will ask you to put unlocking code, you can get this by sending request to Samsung Support.

See you soon!

EU Italian Super User II
:white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2020 - Benvenuto Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Highlighted

I can make some outgoing calls to my mother's mobile phone.  Do the outgoing calls need to be made to a different carrier? 

Can I also make outgoing calls to my landline phone or does it really have to be another mobile phone?

Would these 5-10 minutes calls be made all at once, or can I make them each day to total those number of minutes needed to unlock?

In case I am in the US, and the local US SIM card needs an unlock code, what would be email or phone number to call Samsung for them to provide the unlock code? And what information do I need to provide them to unlock?

Highlighted

It doesn't matter carries of the other mobile phone.

In theory it needs one call lasting longer at least for 5 minutes, but seeing other user experience it needs more calls for more time on the phone.

You can ask the unlocking code by reaching Samsung UK support... is it your Galaxy S10 sold by telecom carrier? you should check if it is not SIM-locked and it can accept only your carrier SIM card.

See you soon!

EU Italian Super User II
Highlighted

I purchased my  S10e from a local computer shop (Unlocked). It was not sold or purchased directly from Telekom.

Can I also make outgoing calls to my landline phone or does it really have to be another mobile phone?

Should incoming calls be made to my S10e as well or only outgoing calls should be fine?

Highlighted

As far as I know, based on other user experience, you should focus on outgoing calls (from S10e) to another mobile phones.

Answering incoming calls or making calls to landline phone could work as well, but I am not sure.

Remind that if your phone doesn't get unlock, you can have support to Samsung UK support as well.

See you soon!

EU Italian Super User II
Highlighted

Thank you for answering my question. 

However, this leads me to my next question:

Will my S10e support the radio frequencies in the US? 

As I purchased this phone in Europe like I mentioned (Hungary) to be exact, will this phone support the radio frequencies in the US?  The model number of my S10e is SM-G970F

Highlighted

Hey there, sorry for late reply.

Each device variant is optimized for the market launch, so your device is optimized for Hungary and in general for European region.

You should ask US mobile carriers if EU devices are compatible which their networks.

If they ask you something about bands supported by your device, you can check them on Hungarian S10 official specs web page.

I hope to be helpful :smiling-face:

See you soon!

EU Italian Super User II
Top Liked Authors